Life imitates the modeler's art

Last week on the CBS Evening news,there was a report about a couple of young soldiers who had suffered grievous head injuries in Iraq . These guys were missing at least a third of their upper cranium but still alive. Doctors are going to replace the missing sections of skull with clear plastic castings which resemble almost exactly life-size pieces from the old Renwal Visible Man kit. I see on Great Models website that " Ole See Thru" is still being manufactured by Skillcraft. About thirty years ago I was in a hobby shop in Memphis and noticed that the Visible Woman kit was a couple of dollars more than Visible dude. I asked the clerk why and he responded:"Because the Visible Woman is more fun".

Reply to
Mucker