Looking for a good Model Car webzine.

Does anyone know of a nice, frequently updated webzine for model car builders? I've scrolled through the lists over at scalemodelindex.com- and I'm getting a lot of 404s.

I've been spoiled by sites like ARC, Hyperscale and ModelMadness- does anyone run a similar site for car builders?

Sat

Reply to
Saturn S. Padua

Mario Covalski's excellent "Modelersite"

Has plenty of car features, and an extensive archive of all his back issues...

Best regards, Matt

Reply to
Matt Bacon

Seconded, great site, also check out his other site, co-run with Peter Radcliffe at

As the name suggests mostly 1/43rd scale but it's got one of my models on the cover at the moment so it must be good :)

Rab

Reply to
Rab Robertson

Hi Saturn, I use Hobbyhaven for my car news on the ipmsoc website.

hobbyhaven.com

Woody

Saturn S. Padua wrote:

Reply to
James Woody

The aircraft sites you've mentioned are basically daily updated content pages with active forums and more, rather than a monthly magazine like Internet Modeler and Modeler's site that have been mentioned. There are lots of car sites but none (at least that follow my interets) that is the same format. There are specialized groups for most types of cars. You need to be a bit more specific. I'm into mostly sports racers so other than the first one listed these fall along that line.

For general cars:

For GT/sports/formula monthly issues: GPMA
main page/monthly issue/ref pics
active discussion group

F1M

main page/ref pics
active discussion group

There is a rally Yahoogroup and a page out in cyberspace called Straight Line Modeler's that Google should bring up, for drag builders.

Subscribe to Yahoogroups as "read on web" or "daily journal" unless you want a lot of e-mail.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Hiett

But be aware though that unless you receive individual emails you won't see any attached pics in groups that allow attachments, and Yahoo! no longer stores the attachments online.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

None of the ones I belong to have allowed attachements for a long time. They do have a Files and Photos section for stuff people want to share, and some put stuff up on their own sites and announce it on the group.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Hiett

It's in Spanish but is very complete....

Reply to
Edgar