Matchbox Lynx

Can anybody give me the box number that this kit was issued under by Revell please.

Thank you muchly.

Rory Manton

Oh gods, why me?

Reply to
Rory Manton

1/72 Westland Lynx 'Marineflieger' Chopper on the shelf. Code 04409 price 4.99

I didnt think this was the Mbox kit, thought it was Frog, something about the sliding door being v early or pre production version blah blah

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

i belive its OOP

i emailed the shop that passed that info onto me, they have 1 in stock left, email me direct if you want it, i asked them to put it aside for a few days incase thats why you asked about it

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

IIRC the Frog kit had the original 3-window cabin doors.

Don McIntyre Clarksville, TN

Reply to
Don McIntyre

i knew something was differant.........

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

I you want the build the Lynx as a model, try the Airfix kit in 1/72. This kit is much better and also has been updated with the new rotorblades.

regards, Meindert

Meindert

I have, i also have about 10 on the shelf by Airfix from old ones to the latest variant

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Meindert at snipped-for-privacy@xs4all.nl wrote on 18/2/05 10:14 pm:

I want the Matchbox ones so I can do the prototypes as it is the "cleanest kit of a Lynx you can get.

Reply to
Rory Manton

you get me emails? i have one reserved for you near me............i can post it today if you contact me quick

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

i have to say this but i have one of the matchbox lynx kits at home. it looks ok but you will need to use decals from elsewhere.

as others have said the airfix kits of the lynx are much better, though the one i made up [in brazillian markings] had a BADLY warped tail boom.

t.

Reply to
87015

I have about 6 of the latest airfix reissue and most of the decal sheet was off register. the kit i did find warped but at Telford i found 2 of the Airwaves eith sets so will use one of those on my next builds........

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

in article _nCRd.155853$ snipped-for-privacy@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk, Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales at snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk wrote on 19/2/05 8:02 am:

Sorry having a bit of a problem with e mail at the moment . Thanks for the offer but finances at the moment prevent any more perchases untill next month, Yeovilton show you know!

Reply to
Rory Manton

OK, they can hold it till then if you want, let them know.

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 07:55:53 +0000, Rory Manton

Rory,

Revell amended the Matchbox moulds when they released the kit as the mk 88 - it now has the single window door of the production ones, rather than the three window of the prototype.

Dave Don't reply to the btconnect address - and remove nospam!!

Reply to
Dave Fleming

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Dave Fleming at snipped-for-privacy@btconnect.com wrote on 19/2/05 8:23 pm:

ARRRRRRRRRRH BASTARDS !!!!

Reply to
Rory Manton

Im sure i mentioned that in my first ish post.

What did the Frog have?

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

Dirty sloppy frog sex?

RobG

Oh, it wasn't that sort of question...

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

You can please some of the people some of the time... (c:

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

I'll have a look in the spares box. My three window doors may still be in there.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad Modeller

have you noticed how this problem with off register/ bad printing has cropped up quite a bit with airfix in recent years on their decal sheets? i have had several kits with duff sheets. still airfix's subject choice is often very good.

t.

Reply to
87015