Model Discussion Web Sites ???

Other than Hyperscale and the discussion groups on FSM and Scale Auto,
are there any other decent model discussion groups out there? I have
tried the Yahoo stuff and find that to be very user "unfriendly".
Unfortunatly this group (rec.models.scale) seems to be going about 50%
OT and the other 50% are rants about how bad or overpriced certain
manufaturers are. I, for one, feel blessed we have the selection we do
and, yes, there are kits out there over $100 but there are also many
decent kits at very reasonable prices. It is 2006, not 1963.
Everything costs more. I still have a thirst for more model building
knowledge (tips & tricks) and discussions about things that are
actually getting built. Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.
Reply to
Count DeMoney
What genre?
Count DeM> Other than Hyperscale and the discussion groups on FSM and Scale Auto,
Reply to
Ron Smith
Try the discussion groups at:
Aussie Modeller.Com at
HTH
Count DeM> Other than Hyperscale and the discussion groups on FSM and Scale Auto,
Reply to
Don McIntyre
Keep your eyes open...there will be an announcement of a new site which I am putting together as we speak. It will be a bit different from the rest and will be free of some of the things you mentioned that you dislike. Hopefully it will set a trend in our hobby.
Reply to
bluumule
I build mainly WW 2 in a full variety of genre. I am working on a Pearl Harbor project but I also have at least one car related item on the bench. I usually work on up to 3 things at a time to allow adequate rest between the paint / glue / repair, stages.
Reply to
Count DeMoney
That should be "Aussi Modeller International," sorry for any confusion.
Reply to
Don McIntyre
Quite right. You never see off-topic postings or flame wars in private discussion groups :o)
(kim)
Reply to
kim
For Armour, figures, dioramas, and aircraft try
for general modelling try
model ships try

TarokZA
For ships
,
, armor
planes

Count DeM>
Reply to
Ron Smith
Wait another 5 minutes and there will be another new "modelers community" launched. Or, get a hosting account, a johnny insta-portal and do it yourself ;)
Reply to
Jeff Barringer