Model Discussion Web Sites ???

Other than Hyperscale and the discussion groups on FSM and Scale Auto, are there any other decent model discussion groups out there? I have
tried the Yahoo stuff and find that to be very user "unfriendly". Unfortunatly this group (rec.models.scale) seems to be going about 50% OT and the other 50% are rants about how bad or overpriced certain manufaturers are. I, for one, feel blessed we have the selection we do and, yes, there are kits out there over $100 but there are also many decent kits at very reasonable prices. It is 2006, not 1963. Everything costs more. I still have a thirst for more model building knowledge (tips & tricks) and discussions about things that are actually getting built. Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.
What genre?
Count DeMoney wrote:

Ron Smith wrote:

I build mainly WW 2 in a full variety of genre. I am working on a Pearl Harbor project but I also have at least one car related item on the bench. I usually work on up to 3 things at a time to allow adequate rest between the paint / glue / repair, stages.
For ships www.modelwarships.com , www.steelnavy.com , armor www.missing-lynx.com planes www.aircraftresourcecenter.com
Count DeMoney wrote:

Count DeMoney wrote:

Wait another 5 minutes and there will be another new "modelers community" launched. Or, get a hosting account, a johnny insta-portal and do it yourself ;)
Try the discussion groups at:
www.aircraftresourcecenter.com www.modelingmadness.com Aussie Modeller.Com at http://www.network54.com/Forum/219149 /
HTH
Count DeMoney wrote:

<snip>
I wrote:

That should be "Aussi Modeller International," sorry for any confusion.
Keep your eyes open...there will be an announcement of a new site which I am putting together as we speak. It will be a bit different from the rest and will be free of some of the things you mentioned that you dislike. Hopefully it will set a trend in our hobby.

Quite right. You never see off-topic postings or flame wars in private discussion groups :o)
(kim)
For Armour, figures, dioramas, and aircraft try www.armorama.com for general modelling try www.modelgeek.com model ships try www.modelshipwrights.com