Model Tale on Local TV

Tonight the local CBS outlet ran a story on a gentleman who had served on the Missouri during the Korean action. He decided to build his own in his workshop. It took him 4 years but he has a beautiful

1/96th Missouri with operating radar masts, rotating turrets and lights on the masts. The searchlights light up too. He told his story which was interspersed with the wife's tale. It sounded humourously familiar. "Every time I wanted him, he was downstairs!" She also learned not to touch the model because she always knocked something off. Next up he plans to build a destroyer to accompany 'Big Mo'. Wish I'd have known ahead to have a tape ready.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Bill, contact the staion. They may be willing to sell you a tape of that segment. It may help if you want it for a non-profit youth program. For example, I work with the US Naval Sea Cadet Corps and something like this would be great to show the cadets. Just a suggestion.

You might also see if you can contact the individual - often the station will give them a copy of the segment. It might also be on the station's web site.

I've gotten a couple of photos from the newspaper that way.

No worse off if they say no.

John Alger IPMS 10906 Charlotte Scale Modelers

Reply to
John

on 5/29/2007 1:04 AM Mad-Modeller said the following:

It may show up on YouTube.

Reply to
willshak