Models I Want

might have to break my no airliner ban.

(The L-1049G Constellation. One story reports that it will be released as a dual-kit, along with the older tooling...in a "anniversary celebration-type" issue.)

Greg Heilers

If you *really* want to do an airliner, and do something really off-the-wall...try this conversion for Minicraft's already-excellent 1/144th DC-4:

Now, if you can also find a 1/144th scale Rolls Royce, you can do a vignette from "Goldfinger". The British United decals are already available.

:o)

Reply to
Greg Heilers

any idea what model connie mats was running in 1959? on the rehin main-gander-canary-n.y route? i remeber it was silver and not od and had regular passenger seats. summabitch was noisy, too.

interesting, but the mats connie would be first on my list. probably not interesting to you, but a part of my youth. wouldn't mind doing the c-47 we jumped out of when i was in the explorer's.

Greg Heilers wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@earthNOSPAMlink.net:

That's a 400. Yuch. Gimme a 100/200.

Yay!

Hoo-fah!

First of all Yay!! Second of all, eBay sellers ha-ha-ha!

Frank

Reply to
Mustapha, P

*Anything* Connie, or C-47/DC-3 is of *great* interest to me. Unfortunately, I have never had the opportunity to see a Contellation in the air, let alone be aboard for the ride. (* sigh *)
Reply to
Greg Heilers

well, it was about 10 hours form rhein main to n.y counting the time refueling. it wasn't the canaries...it was gander we stopped at. the flight was just damn boring. no movies, no nothing. the box lunch was crap....the flight attendants were all guys who didn't do anything.

with the exception of the philliapines airlines 747 a couple of years ago, i don't build them. and i haven't flown on one since 87. i may break the fly ban soon.

Yep, along with their B-47 in the original 'S' box, the Tradewind, and the '59 Ford Skyliner in original box art among others.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

You have a ban on no airliners? How's that work?

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

;)

Reply to
Mad Modeller

Hmmm, I think that I can see a B-30 bomber on the horizon.....

Reply to
The Old Man

If anyone is really into the Boeing SST project you may want to drop by the Hiller Museum in San Carlos, CA.

Aside from the obvious collection of Hiller aircraft the museum has a great collection of classic aircraft and San Francisco Bay Area aviation items. Once you finish the south side of the hall and get through the Hiller helicopter collection you come upon the fuselage of the Boeing SST mockup. It is being restored to like new condition and is a walk-through display.

So, if you are ever in the SF Bay Area drop by. The museum is right next to the freeway and the airport, just past Hoolihan's. The museum also has a large and well stocked gift shop, heavy on aviaton books and magazines as well as models including some original WWII era wood kits.

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

The SST??? Very cool. A couple years back, I found the old double kit of the in flight and landing version of the SST on eBay for $25.

The Revell site doesn't have any info, does anyone know more on this new release?

RLM

Reply to
RLM

Is that the same one that was in Florida and was going to be demolished to build a church? The Pastor knew what it was and really didn't want to destroy it. Last I heard, he was looking for someone to dismantle it and take it away, free of charge.

RLM

Reply to
RLM

I really don't know, but I can find out. Was there more than one mock-up?

There are conflicting stories as to the whereabouts of the tail and the one wng that was completed. They are not on the aircraft at Hiller.

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

The one in Florida was complete. It was a full, nose-to-tail, landing gear-to-tailtop mockup, actual size, sitting in a field that this church owned. I wish I could find the article online, it had a photo of the Pastor standing in front of it.

RLM

Reply to
RLM

Reply to
Richard Simerson

I want a:

1/72 C-123 1/32 Blackburn Buccaneer 1/350 HMS Ark Royal IV (70s fit)

That is all.

Reply to
jwadetjpp

I want a 1/6th Scale Merlin or Griffon Engine

Keith

Reply to
Keith Lanham