Need Heller 1/144 E-2C Hawkeye color info

I'm building Revell's 1/144 E-2C Hawkeye and want to finish it in French Aeronavale colors.

The instructions indicate Revell's Hellgrau 76 but I can't find a cross-reference for this color to Humbrol or any other paint line.

Can anyone tell me what Humbrol color Heller recommends for their kit? Or better yet, recommend a gray that matches the French Aeronavale E-2C paint scheme?

Thanks in advance!

Martin

Reply to
The Collector

Hi,

You maybe could try HU140 ou Gunze 333. But Im not sure.

A plus (see u soon) V

"The Collector" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@s48g2000cws.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Vincent JACQUES

Hellgrau cross-references to Humbrol 175, but I think that was discontinued. Bear in mind that at 1/144 you should take scale colour effects into account - the effects that the real-world-equivalent distance of view would have on the colour - fading it by mixing in a spot of white or so :-) Ian Huntley recommended 23% white for 1/144th scale. Based on that a near match might be Humbrol 128, Compass Grey; or Humbrol 145, Medium Grey.

Reply to
Alan Dicey

The Heller 1/72 E-2C, also in French colours, shows Humbrol 127 overall.

Rob

Reply to
Rob van Riel