Nellis show report-

Just got back from Sin City and a trip to Nellis- the highlights for me were:

  1. a near-derelict Mig-29, with bulged dorsal spine, 29C? near the rescue squadron's hangars on the way in to the show area.
  2. the DO-24TT turboprop amphibian on prominent display
  3. from the RAF, a Harrier GR7 and a Tornado GR4,
  4. the Heritage Flight flyby, with Bill Anders' P-51, an F-4E and an F-22 in formation.
  5. seeing an RC-135V up close and personal
6.spotting a J-STARS 707 across the field, not on display(new type for me)
  1. About the last time I'll get to see a C-141C in a show-
  2. an SA-8 Gaskin launcher vehicle
  3. the piece-de-resistance; an actual Scud and TEL! All in all, a very good show!!!
Reply to
Jim Atkins

Correction- that's an SA-9 launcher-

Reply to