News bulletin: Arafat dies - nobody notices until today.

...holding a grudge, I think.

Reply to
Rufus

I heard there was talk earlier in the week about them not being sure he was dead. I suggested that we should make sure and put a bullet thru his forehead. My friend said he wouldn't feel it. I said we'll wake him up first and make sure he does.

She laughed that nervous laugh which said she knew I meant it.

WmB

WmB

I was surprised and I wasn't suprised to see the French turn out in all but full honors for the old baby murderer. Good thing for him he didn't die in the US. In a red state the best he could have hoped for was curbside pickup from Waste Management - for a fee.

WmB

WmB

"David Amos" wrote in news:7HPkd.591$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net:

And I find heathens untrustworthy.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain (e) wrote in news:VrUkd.4891331$ snipped-for-privacy@news.easynews.com:

How about stuffing his fat ass with pork stuffing.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Not most, just some......

Reply to
David Amos

We can only wait and see. Hopefully there will be some good will on ALL sides. The window of opportunity will be small.

Reply to
David Amos

Ditto. Just a little Apache. My father used to say "Just enough to drive through West Texas, Arizona and New Mexico really fast".

I have to laugh at the idiots who sit safely here in the US and bitch about the Israeli's forcing the Palistinians off their land.

Of course returning lands to American natives wouldn't work well with the Apache. They were nomads. "Borrowed" everything from language and traditions to religions and traditions from other nations.

Browsing through the book shelves at Berkeley Ace Hardware I found a book on the Apache and there was a photo of my great grand uncle, Natche (sp?). They sure were a tough bunch of sobs. :-)

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

There is a hell of a lot of hate in this thread. Ugly, small minded people spouting rubbish.

Seems to me Arafat was a pretty darn effective combat leader. I always thought that military people would give grudging respect for someone of the other side who demonstrates tenacity and bravery. I mean, you guys appreciate people like Rommel, Che Guevara and/or Robert E. Lee.

I guess one or two kind words for Arafat is too much to expect from the armchair analysts of RMS.

Think on this guys. Arafat has been bedeviling the Israelis my entire adult life. I am almost 60. I recall my senior year in college in 1967, when the Six Day War was in the headlines. And there was 20 years of fighting before that; even before I was reading newspapers.

For almost 60 years Arafat has been fighting for his people and his homeland. How many of you brave warriors can claim that kind of record?

....../V

Reply to
Vess Irvine

Rommel didn't ask young misguided men to attach bombs to themselves and blow up old ladies and children in the local vegetable market. I once met a individual who fought with the Afrika Corps and remembers seeing Rommel's Half Track up in the front lines as they attacked a British position. Arafat hid from hole to hole while asking others to simply die for the cause. I also graduated in 1967 - was taking a final when the war broke out and have witnessed the same years as you. Everytime the Palestinians had a shot at something they (Arafat) blew it. It's not all blak and white - the Israilis settlements on the West Bank etc. But I still don't think you could possibly call Araft a military commander, let alone put him in the ranks of the three you mention. You also have to realize the Palestinian cause was gathering sympathy in the US. Then in one fateful newscast we all saw Palestinian children jumping around, laughing and throwing candy in the air to celebrate the death of 3,000 innocent Americans in the World Trade Centers.Now I cheer when the IDF has a field day in their neighborhood,

Val Kraut.

Reply to
Val Kraut

Tell that to the families of the people he's murdered over the past 60 years. Look them straight in the eye and repeat these words to them... and then get back to us on it oh brave warrior.

Hey Vess, this just isn't shaping up to be your year/decade/century. Saddam's in jail, Reagan gets a hero's funeral, Kerry gets his snot-locker opened up by the W and the brown water navy and now your boyhood hero Arafat succumbs to AIDS. I bet it hasn't been this glum around the Irvine cave since Liberace died.

.... /W

Reply to
WmB

For the first time in quite a while, I laughed out loud! That's some funny shit - all the more so since it's Vess (who should find another hobby - this one doesn't seem to agree with him)

Arafat a military leader? Vess, K Mart called; your brain is ready...

Frank Kranick

Reply to
Francis X. Kranick, Jr.

Arafat deserved every bit of it, and more.

No, people with *their* heads screwed on _straight_.

Lessee......tossed out of one Arab country after another, causing the deaths of thousands and thousands of 'Palestinians' with nothing to show for it, aligning himself with that loser Saddam in the Gulf War, fomented two intifadas in the Territories with thousands more 'Palestinians' killed only to reduce 'Palestine' to utter and abject poverty. Yeah, great combat leader....

Not when he was a mass murderer.

Leave Che Guevara out of it. He couldn't lick the boots of Rommel or Lee.

Way too much...

What's laudatory about that?

Comitting murder all the way.

I wouldn't want such a record. My military career was honorable.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

I don't think that would work. Most cities require a special perkit for hazardous and/or toxic waste. ;~)

-- -- -- -- -- "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell

My Home Page:

Bill Woodier

Well, David, I was wondering which police force you're a member of; and to which police force you're refering?

What you seem to forget is that police officers are not supermen, they're just citizens of the community who have stepped forward and volunteered to do a dangerous and thankless job; one that most wouldn't think of doing.

When you look at the crime rate of the community the the police officers of a given community come from (I don't care, pick one) you'll find that the crime rate outside is significant while that of the officers that come from it is negligible. Now, if you have some evidence to the contrary, I'd love to hear it.

-- -- -- -- -- "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell

My Home Page:

Bill Woodier

Well, look whose back. Just curious; have you posted all those models you were going to sell when you implement your "plan?" Let me know what you've got but only plastic. I don't mess with that paper crap.

-- -- -- -- -- "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell

My Home Page:

Bill Woodier

...I suppose this was to be expected.

Reply to
Rufus

There is a hell of a lot of hate in this

No, you're confused again Vessticles; the rubbish just went into the ground in Gaza

How would you know an effective combat leader?

I always thought that military people would

There is a difference between tenacity and bravery demonstrated in combat with an armed enemy and the cowardly act of hiding behind young, weak-minded Palistinians who he sent out to kill innocent civilians. But, then, I wouldn't expect you to be able to differentiate between the two.

See my comment above. By the way, Che Guevara was just another terrorist thug, not a soldier. See; I knew you couldn't tell the difference even between two such diametrically opposed concepts

Yes, it is for Arafat. And as for armchair analysts, speak for yourself, butterball.

.......and why do you think that is that a good thing?

I left college in 1966 to join the Marines. I was in Vietnam when the Six Days War took place; so what?

To say for 60 years he has been coercing other young Palistinians to die and murder for his homeland would be more accurate.

Well, let's see; I don't intend this to sound like braging; it's just to illustrate my point. I joined the Marines in 1966. When I got out, I joined the police force until I went back into the service as an Air Force officer and I am still serving as of the end of 2004.

I saw combat in Vietnam as an enlisted Marine, undercover narcotics enforcement as a police officer, ccombat in Grenada, the Gulf War, and Somalia as an Air Force officer (much of that in Special Ops. That's admittedly not 60 years but it's over 40; does that count? The biggest difference was that mine was engaging armed enemy and/or criminals, not coercing cronies to blow up innocent civilians. Really, Vessticles, you're really not very good at this; no better than you were with your Kerry nonsense. Perhaps you should forget all this and start posting about your paper airplanes. Hell, you might even know something about that and it would be a pleasant surprise to see you post, even just once, on a subject you know even a little about.

-- -- -- -- -- "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell

My Home Page:

Bill Woodier

That's a classic example of Arafat's lack of leadership. He supposdly stood for a secular Palestinian state--one that could benefit from substantial US aid in the process of negotiating a lasting peace. Instead he demonstrated he was either a feckless coward (for not standing up and saying that terrorist attacks on the United States by Muslim fanatics were not consistent with the Palestinean cause) or simply a bastard who prefered enless conflict with and maximum misery for anyone who wasn't 100% behind him, no matter what he did. It doesn't matter which, though I think both played a part; the damage to the Palestinean image was done and it's going to take a hell of a lot of kow-towing before they're going to see one nickel out of us.

Leader? No. Military Genius? No. Statesman? No. Survivor? Not any more.

No Vesse, this isn't hate speaking. It's a cold hard analysis of the facts.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

Two different guys. Muhammed Abbas, the guy you're thinking of was responsible for the murders of Leon Klinghoffer (aboard the Achille Lauro) and Robert Steatham (USN diver aboard hijacked TWA flight) among other atrocities. That Abu Abbas was rounded up in the outskirts of Baghdad when US forces rolled thru there in '03. Sadly he died of natural causes while in US custody. Not sad because he died, sad because his death wasn't due to unnatural causes. ;-)

The Abu Abbas that appears to be assuming power now is the former PM that quit his post a year or so ago due to interference from Arafat, who refused to relinquish any of his death grip on power. This Abbas is described as a moderate. That's encouraging but in Palestinian parlance that may simply mean he fooks and tortures his victims BEFORE he shoots them. ;-)

Seriously I hope this guy is the real deal. Palestinian busnessmen in the US conducting news interviews today seem to be very upbeat now that Arafat is gone. I guess just about anyone (other than the Achille Lauro Abbas) is better than that scumbag.

Everybody over there is an Abu something or other.

WmB

WmB