No Word From Hannants

I placed an order with Hannants a week ago, so far zip !, i haven't herd anything from them/him?, is this normal ? No money has been taken off my Credit Card so i guess what i'm asking is, what's notification like at Hannants ? will i get e-mailed if my order was canceled/rejected ?

Sorry to keep bugging you guys

Zardos

Reply to
Zardos

I ordered something this afternoon and got an email confimimg my order almost immediately.

The order states what I have ordered, my card details (minus the number!), the payment address and ship-to address. It suggests that I wait 14 days before contacting them with a query - and to keep the email so that I can send them a copy of it in case of difficulties.

If you have not had a confirmation of your order, I would suggest that it has not been accepted??

They are very good - and have a world-wide reputation.

I am not saying they are infallible, just that i have never had any problems.

Good luck

Ken

Reply to
Ken Duffey

"Zardos" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

I assume you ordered via their website. If so you should have had an e-mail almost immediately confirming your order. If you didn't I can only guess that it wasn't accepted, you pressed the wrong buttons or provided them with an incorrect e-mail address. I have ordered from them from long before the Internet days and never had any problems.

Anders

Reply to
Anders

Try again, as you should have received an almost immediate reply (if ordering online). David Hannant is very much "alive and ticking", as he is an omni-present daily participant in the Yahoo Airline Modeling group....so he is *always* at his computer...lol.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Unless you like to build airliners....then Squadron says "air-WHAT-ers?".

:o)

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Firstly, Thanks for all the replys :-)

Secondly heres what when wrong, As it was my first order i had to register But it doesn't send your first order with your registration. They are two separate things :-(

So for the last week my order has been languishing in my shopping cart waiting to be checked out, what a bummer.

Zardos

Reply to
Zardos

I live 30 miles down the road from Hannants and telephoned them yesterday to buy some of the new XtraColor acrylics. I will let you know how long it takes for them to get me these.

Regards

David

Reply to
David Pennington

Reply to
Gary Warwick

it's a lot when I ordered things for 70 and got charged 80...and I don't drink,that ten bucks would have bought another airfix kit. or some lotion for that gnats sore arse...

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

The paints arrived on Monday. That makes six days from a telephone order to deliver 10 posts of paint 30 miles. That's not that impressive! The thing is though - where else can you go for so much of the stock?

Regards

david

Reply to
David Pennington

I doubt if there is a direct postal service between Lowestoft and your house ??

I suspect that the mail went from Hannants to a central sorting office - probably halfway across the country - then to your local post office, then to you.

I'm not trying to defend Hannants - they don't need me to do that - but unless you can put the delay down to them not posting your order, it is a bit unfair to blame them for the vagaries of the Royal Mail.

Do you know when they posted it? - and how long it was in the postal system?

If they are to blame - then my apologies.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Duffey

Our post here is Suffolk is excellent.I purchased a fireqaire hard disk on EBay on Sunday evening and it was delivered here this morning. That is normal around here. Hannants Invoice was for Thurday - the wrapping has gone in the bin so that's that as far as the posting date is concerned. I am not being too critical but I get rather used to next day delivery from phone and Internet orders and Hannants always seem to take that bit longer than you expect/hope.

I have a simple philosophy given that my local model shop is heavily into RC and stocks basic Tamiya/Revell type range, only stocks Tamiya/Humbrol paints and no books - that philosophy is to go to hannants every so often and buy direct. That is by far and away the most efficient method for me and it makes for a very good Saturday morning. Unfortunately, whenever i do that it costs a minimum of £150 so I try and keep it down.

I realise that I sounded as though I was hurt. i didn't mean that because it was about what I was expecting, which is why i offered to provide the information last week. I think you will find that on their web site Hannants don't offer next day delivery and explicitly reduce your expectations for delivery.

I am a great fan!

Nuff said I think.

David

Reply to