OK, I'm seeing 64 messages before I start down the list...

...I mowed lawns and washed cars. Then, when I got to high school and found out I could get school credit for doing essentially the same thing I was doing building models by taking jewelry and metal smithing classes, I said - "sign me up". Then I got into my first scholastic spring art show, made money selling my stuff, and I said - "sign me up AGAIN!" And again, and again, and again.

My art teacher never knew until I told him during my senior year that I had been spending all of the money I was making selling jewelry on model airplanes.

Reply to
Rufus

you can match rotational speed without entering atmosphere. easily. the comm sats are about 24k out, way beyond air. parts or layers of the caps disintegrate. the final is blown off by the troope. landing on an airless body just requires rockets to slow the descent enough for the suit to handle the landing. the book was serialized in 58 and release in full in 59, so i supect heinlein was as he stated, influenced by aircraft carriers the most. he also said there were specialized varietys of capsule including defensless ones for diplomatic or already pacified areas. ships like the ry carried more than one type, though they would be mission specific for many operations. boy scout rule. taking rah literally is safest. he calls a dog a dog and killer a killer. he was prett specific. i've read st about 50 times and may do it again before bedtime tonight. the movie was ok as a hollywood movie but lousy heinlein. no suits or caps....like no spaceship in puppet masters. how did the slugs land, osmosis?

Reply to
someone