Opinions on kit quality

Hi all. I was looking around on the Squadron website recently, and decided to venture away from my usual 1/72 armor. I got a large return in 1/76 by
Fujimi and Scale Model Accessories of England. All of the Fujimi stuff was inexpensive, and some of the other brand was too, but does anyone know about the quality? SMAofE has a website, but I had no luck trying to view their online catalogue. All Squadron has for many of their photos are poor quality drawings (of the SMAofE stuff). Anyway, as always I appreciate any input from you folks, and happy building!
Randy IPMS Houston
We're living in a world that's been pulled over our eyes to blind us from the truth. Where are you, white rabbit?

Most of the Fujimi line has been in production since the seventies. It's nice stuff but probably overshadowed by Dragon at this point. Which ones were you interested in? I've got most of them. hth
The Keeper (of too much crap!)
Hi Keeper, Honestly, it's hard for me to say exactly which ones I'm interested in. While much of my work so far has been pretty common subjects, I'm always on the lookout for something a bit off-beat. For instance, I'm currently working on the Attack Hobby German ambulance. I tend to prefer trucks and vehicles to tanks and artillery, at least based on my choices so far. If I settle on some choices, I'll drop you a line. Thanks for the input.
Randy IPMS Houston
We're living in a world that's been pulled over our eyes to blind us from the truth. Where are you, white rabbit?
Some of the Fujmi 1/76 stuff is originally from Nitto. If it has a detailed engine copartment and/or interor it's Nitto.
Aside fro the age of the molds (1970s) they are good kits. The best are probably ESCI, now being released under the Italeri label. You'll find a good selection including Dodge 4x4s, Opel trucks, Quads, etc., all to 1/72 scale.
If you want to get an idea of what has been done in 1/72-1/76 subscribe to ESM 72. The lists will get you started on what to look for. To date we have listed 3,956 vehicle kits and models. Current count on aircraft is 13,005. E-mail me for subscription information.
Tom

Hi Tom, I've got some of the Nitto stuff. I was under the impression they were bought by Arii. Was I misinformed? tia
The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Nitto went under in 1985. Fujimi did the under their lable in the id-1980s.
Arii released all of the Nitto 1/76 vehicles in 1991.
Wonder who's next. :-)
Tom
Right now top quality in 1/72 scale armor has to be Revell of Germany. While some kits are ex-Matchbox or reboxed Hasegawa (only 3-4 total), the rest are brand new state-of-the-art kits that are a joy to build.
Since you express a liking for wheeled vehicles, the only wheeled Revell of Germany kits are the modern W. German Luchs (8-rad) and Fuchs (6-rad). Both are highly recommended. Rob Gronovius Modern US armor at http://www.armorama.com/motorpool
Rob, Revell just released their new humvee kit (2 in 1 box) if you want wheels. Can only confirm that Revell is absolutely top class recent years.
Erik Wauters, Belgium
http://users.pandora.be/erik.wauters /

While
are
of
Both are

WHAT? *Two* humvees in *ONE* box? Meaning I can buy one box, build one in desert camo and one in NATO camo? How on earth have they managed to do something *THAT* intelligent?
If only I could buy the Airfix jeep that way. Or the Italeri WC-51.
-Lasse
Hi Randy,
If you want to try some resin stuff, have a look at these guys:
http://www.milicast.com /
And for white metal stuff, try:
http://www.mmsmodels.co.uk /
And for figures and some nice artillery, try:
http://www.ab-figures.demon.co.uk/index.htm
These guys are worth a look. If you're interested in decals, try the Bison range.
HTH
Chris

WOW! They're even more extensive than the last time I looked. How can I build all that in one lifetime? Cheers,
The Keeper (of too much crap!)