OT British: Weather Question

What the heck happened in Cornwall the other day? Did any cars go right out to sea? Was this related to 'Alex' who, when last mentioned, was heading for Europe? Glad to see no one lost their lives.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Its nature copying bad Hollywood movies.

Reply to
Jonathan M

It seems that they rebuilt the car park some time ago and forgot, when they narrowed the river, that the weather can change. Quite a few of the cars did end up in the sea. Funny how people forget what a force water can be (sorry - will be if given the chance). David Pennington snipped-for-privacy@bbbweb.com

Reply to
David Pennington

One news item stated about one hundred cars but that's the news!

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

Some of the rescue helicopters came from Chivenor which is a base I can see out of my window. They spent most of the evening ferrying people to the local hospital (which I can also see out of the same window). They were at it for hours! A damm fine bunch of people!

Spudgun

Reply to
Spudgun

"There is no truth in the story that Britain's latest bid for Olympic gold will be made by the Cornish bloke in the red Transit van, in the white water rafting competition."

But seriously after seeing the footage on TV it was a wonder that nobody was seriously hurt, and tribute must be paid to the excellent Emergency services including the superb efforts made by the RAF / RN / Coastguard SAR helo crews

Happy modelling Ant

Reply to
Ant Phillips

Sounds like they'll get a deserved 'Well Done' for that.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller