(OT) but pertinate RE:Trojan Virus

Greetings Friends!

I discovered a Trojan virus (Sven32 variant) that McAfee, PC-Cillin and Anti-Vir all missed (despite up to date virus def. files.)... Freeware virus program AVAST! can be found with Google search, OR

will detect and clean infected system files. It appears that Sven and his family of nasties are frequently propagated via newsgroup servers. I suggest that we all update our virus definition files and sweep our computers to keep our newsgroup from contaminating each others machines. Respectfully Submitted with Best Wishes! Bruce

Reply to
Bruce W. Apple MA, NCC

I fixed a computer 2 days ago for someone with no av or firewall and i lost count of the viruses, some people deserve all they get

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

Why is a trojan virus post so pertinent? Hundreds of new trojans come our monthly. You might have sold me if you didn't mention a specific anti-virus.

Sounds more like spam to me.

Reply to
Chris