OT: From CNN/Time - The 50 Worst Cars of All Time

we must have gotten the opposite of a lemon. ours always ran.
I waited to see if someone more elequent(?) than me to bring this up-Renault R5 (Le Car) -that underpowered non standerd POS. It was theonly time I got a free muffler from Midas (It was right under the right fender) . It had a heater with the same temp of a hamster in love. And to add insult to injury the last year I had it I had to have it repaired at a porshe dealership can you say a two day wait to have it just tuned-up -then it blew up (Three bearing main do that) the porshe dealer wouldn't give me all the parts- the only time I had to theaten them with a lawer ;)
Dan drumm wrote:

Hmmm guess you got a bad one ;-). The Renault 5 I had in the UK was a great little car and the only problem I had with it was rust over the rear wheel wells but that was a known design fault as mud and salt gathered there. I must admit I was partial to French cars when I lived in the UK and had a Renault 16, 5, 14 and Fuego in that order and finally switched to a Citroen BX before I emigrated. All ran well and were comfortable and the last three were used for towing various sizes of camping trailers/caravans too.
--
Larry Green

i thought porsche dealers were lawyers. just to afford the pos's.
My mechanic had a customer that brought a Yugo in for brakes once and the Yugo dealer did not deliver parts so he went to pick them up. The parts guy said, "What the hell do you want those for? When they wear out you're supposed to throw the car away and buy a new one."
The Old Man wrote:

I'd like to nominate the Pontiac Sunbird. I had one briefly and I found myself parking it at dangerous locations in the hope a dump truck would back over it. Since it had cost me a fair sum I decided it would be wiser to take it back whence it came and get something much better.
To list all my complaints would take more time than I care to commit to that POS. Suffice it to say that the radio was great and the halogen headlights were superb - when they worked.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

http://www.time.com/time/specials/2007/article/0,28804,1658545_1657686,00.html?cnn=yes
Major problem is that the author obviously knows nothing about vehicles outside the USA.
Where's the Lada Niva? The Reliant Robin?
Bloody amateur.
    Cheers,         Gary    B-)

no zodiac's either? had to be the worst brit car of the 20th century.
snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote:

You mean the Trabant was missed?
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
Mad-Modeller wrote

Oh no, he nailed the Trabant, Ich bin ein junk.
Gary R. Schmidt wrote:

Le Zebre! A car that could consistently suffer a major malfunction every 200 miles of travel, including such goodies as having the axle shatter and the wheels disintegrate. I'm glad the barfmobile Pontiac Aztek made it onto that list; that's one of the most subtly awful looking vehicles ever made by the hand of man. The brazed stamped tin engine on the Crosley Hotshot was a very novel approach, a classic example of answering the question no one ever asked. :-D
Pat

A guy in high school with me had one. It was a damn fine car after he put a Ford four-banger into it and dumped the original engine. The Ford marginally fit. He also rebuilt a 1947 Playboy out of two that his dad found for him at the local auto graveyard.

They are now cool due to Delboy and Rodney
As to performance. My mum had one pre car licence and it would beat a lot of hot hatches at traffic lights

engine).
so
it
of
I saw one with twin exhausts, came in useful as a wheel barrow

Don't mess with Reliant 3 wheelers - some run Rover V8s