OT: I'm Back!!!!

hey ya'll. don't know if anyone i used to talk to is still on here, it's been quite a few years. anyway, for those of you do remember me, i'm getting back into model building after a 5+ year hiatus. as for me, well, i'm enlisted in the Air Force now, i'm an Airman 1st Class, and work as an air traffic controller at Tyndall AFB in Panama City, Fl. i've got a 3 year old daughter who lives with her mom back in Jersey still. now i just have to figure out how to build models in the tiny ass dorm room i live in.

A1C Sean Neilan

Reply to
seaneilan

i don't think we talked much but i remember you. i had a different nym, changed due to cowards. it's a little quieter, some great guys have died, like al s, but are remembered. what do you build most? i like offball ac and tanks. a hard core of fanatic laisse faire builders are still here. bill b, rufus, cw with new nym, both tom's and more who will chime in. pull up a stool and tell us about it. congrats on the kid. can't build a single thing better. finishing takes real detailing but you'll do fine.

Reply to
someone

I remember you. I still view posts and every so often I even reply. Normally if a response isn't already posted.

When I was living in guest quarters, I started building 1/72 armor. I'd put the project in one of those $1 plastic shoe boxes and set it in the closet when I was finished for the evening.

Reply to
rgronovius

nah dont remember you...but im back after a long while away...

Reply to
Jules

Are you the fellow with the Camaro who was heading to Ariz. for college?

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

why yes i am. the Camaro had an unfortunate run in with a deer many years ago but remains in my parents garage being slowly (and i mean slowly) restored fully. Arizona lasted for about a year but i dropped out and went to a trade school for automotive technology and graduated from there in 2005. worked as a Ford mechanic for a couple of years, had a kid, decided to do something a little better with my life and enlisted and now i'm a rated Air Traffic Controller with 5 years left on my enlistment then going FAA.

Reply to
seaneilan

Welcome back, Sean. Congrats on getting your ATC certification! As you can see, there's a boatload more spam here than there used to be and not quite as many of the old gang around. You can still run into them on occasion. There are a lot more alternatives to RMS now than there used to be too. If you're interested, I'm sure we could all find a link or two to send to get you back into the ballgame. Here's a couple to get you started:

These are my favorite forums, altho I do belong to a couple of others, these are the ones I read on pretty much a daily basis.

Reply to
Don McIntyre

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote: and now i'm a rated Air Traffic Controller with 5 years left

I remember you as well. You probably don't remember me because I mostly lurk.

Now is a great time to join the FAA as a controller. There has been a large exodus of controllers for the past couple of years. Five years might be pushing the limits of the new hire boom. I work for the FAA as a tech at the LAX tower/airport, & I don't even know half of the controllers there anymore. Good luck.

PS Age cutoff for air traffic is 31.

Reply to
the Legend of LAX

oh, had it been IQ that would have ruled me out... im only *25*....

Reply to
Jules

not your shoe size, jules!

Reply to
someone

ah yes well fortunately the age cutoff does not count for me as i will have a military waiver for my age. what sucks is the militarty is so desperate for controllers that they worked it out with the FAA that i would still have to go to Oklahoma for 3 mos for there school and then start out at $30k a year til i got all the ratings, then the money will flow. makes the AF's $90k reenlistment bonus look very enticing.

Reply to
seaneilan

Himmel, has it been that long? I was wondering if we'd ever hear from you again. Glad to hear you have a plan and it's working. Welcome back!

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller