(OT) Is There a Stuka on Warbird Circuit?

I just saw some brief in-flight footage of this replica on the Discovery channel last night...

As I remember, the 262 replica project was started somewhere in New Jersey - at one point they were going to market them.

Reply to
Rufus

Flug Werk GmbH is buiding FW-190 replicas, and producing replacement components for restored Bf-109Gs. No mention of Stukas. Their URL is

PT

Reply to
Giessenlad

It looks like the Stukas which made it to New Zealand, have finally ended up in a German Museum, and they won't be restored. Visit

PT

Reply to
Giessenlad

No it got shot down by a chasing Spitfire

Reply to
Martin (Please note spammers email address used)

Only two Stukas in existance for a long time but the soviet union dissolving and ever clever warbird hunters and modern technology has had a dramatic effect on what was once thought to be gone forever. Also, like with racecars, there is an industry with tremendous skill that can rebuild planes previously considered write-offs. Magazines like Warbird International track finds and restorations.

For the whereabouts of surviving axis aircraft and significant parts, go to:

We have a ME262 engine about a block from my office, in the middle of Iowa!

Tom

Reply to
Tom H

Has the story on the 7/10 replicas. One apparently crashed and the other ostensibly is owned by Herman Weeks. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper