OT: July 4th - 10 great things about America

Happy 4th to my fellow Americans.
http://www.nationalreview.com/script/printpage.asp?ref=/comment/comment-dsouza070203.asp

Number 1 great thing about America... it's not here :)

you got oil? wannabe a state?
Neither would Australia be here, without an America ..... /V

Yep we got oil and no don't want to be a state... don't get me wrong I like Americans, didn't even mind living in the US but I just really hate the politics

politics? we got politics?
Umineko wrote:

I don't care for it much either, however I'm sure there's some there, too.
Bill Banaszak, MFE

Sure there is but we generaly try to confine it to within our own borders.

it's like religion, flies amd hoes.
Umineko wrote:

you mean you don't like hanging chads?

Funny, that sums up my own view of many other nations' politics, especailly so called "progressive" ones.
MEMO To: The World Subject: Politicians Query: If we ignore them, will they just go away?
RobG (the Aussie one)

especailly so

2 'parties' is politics? I musta missed something, somewhere......
RobG (the Aussie one)

Numba' one thing about America; let's see, uhhh .....that you're not here :~)
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat"
Let's see...got my list here:
Afghanistan: check Iraq: check Syria: 2004 Iran: 2004 Saudi Arabia: 2005 * * * * ah, here it is! Australia: 2009
Good things come to those who wait.
:-)

I'll just move back to Japan...

We already bombed the snot out of them. They are much better behaved now.
Frank

I was born in Kure and my parents were from Hiroshima, perhaps if you had experienced the ongoing horrors that were inflicted upon the people there you might not be such an asshole. Both of my parents were born after the war and both subsequently died at a young age of radiation induced cancer. your comments show clearly your ignorance of such things and only serve to reinforce the comment I made that started this whole thread .

And what of the horrors inflicted on the world by the Japanese? Japan got what it deserved.
-= atzofratzo =-
On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 19:16:32 +1000, "Rob Grinberg"

Just remember, if it were for are presence in the South Pacific during WWII, you might well be speaking Japanese.
-= atzofratzo =-