OT - WW2 History Question

Everybody knows modellers can't help reading and researching their subjects, so this is as good a place to start as any :) Does anybody know of a good history that covers the events of the period between Hiroshima and August 14th., regarding the dealings of the American and Japanese governments? I'm hoping there's something with a forensic level of detail out there with a modern (but not necessarily revisionist) perspective. Chek

Reply to
Chek

try posting this question at the group soc.history.war.world-warii. its moderated so phrase your question carefully. the moderator is a bit anal.

Craig

Chek wrote:

Reply to
Craig

That is a major understatement, IMO. I loved the group and the discussions, but the pricks that controlled the posting nets were more than I could really bear after a while.

In the end it was easier just to grab the GD Ouija board and ask Galland the question directly. ;-)

WmB

WmB

Try starting with Richard Frank's "Downfall".

Reply to
Tom Cervo

Thanks for your responses, with apologies for their lateness. Great suggestions guys. The question arose out of a history channel - type TV show in the BBC4 'Days that shook the World' series that included spectacular B29 period film mixed with re-enactments of key scenes during August 45, including preparing the missions, readying the aircraft and arming the weapon in flight, and other aspects. I'm no B29 expert, but it seemed very credibly and authentically produced, and TV is usually notorious for poor attention to details with aviation related subjects. It was on the BBC here in the UK, but may be on a channel near you soon.

also hear the BBC will be making their entire back catalogue available free to download, which would be a good trend to set :) Thanks again for the leads. Chek

Reply to
Chek

"Days" is currently on The History Channel. Saturday's (1/31) show was on the first sustained nuclear chain reaction at the University of Chicago and the Chernobyl disaster.

Reply to
Edwin Ross Quantrall

Been on BBC2 recently as well, did you see the C4 documentry abut the planes for a German bomber to bomb New York.

Or Spitfire Ace

Reply to
Xbase Person (Please note spammers email address used)