Q: Revell Germany 08803 Oilrig "North Cormorant"

Greetings All,

I'm seeking any informed opinions about the above listed kit. It looks like a departure from the same ole stuff. TIA

Curtis IPMS 40355

Reply to
IPMS 40355

OT, but doesn't Revell of Germany seem like the old Revell, making models of all kinds of things beside military planes, which they also do pretty well.

Reply to
Tom Cervo

? Box scale Revell was a little before my time but I really enjoyed the WWII and I series of fighters and bombers. Aurora was pretty much unequalled in diversity of subject matter. Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

I've got one that I picked up at the Frankfurt PX for $9 when somebody crushed the box.

1/200 scale, but can be used with N Gauge model railroad items. Has a ton of parts but most are "cutaway" to show the innards of a drilling rig. Most are not bad (sort of like the old 1/108 scale Nuclear Power Plant) but the actual pipes are very close to soda straws in design and construction.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne