question; Michaels

Michael's carries those too, at least in this area. When's the last time you saw Wal-Mart issue a 40% off coupon for them?

Michael's carries a lot more models than Wal-Mart does nowdays, period. At least around here.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Exactly.Around there,not here.Michaels bites here,for the past few years.5 Years ago I preferred them to places like hobby town.

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

I'd no more go to Michael's for models than I'd go to a hobby shop for acrylic brush cleaner, jewel-to-cloth glue, a wide assortment of high-quality brushes, high-quality artist's pastels, or trim ribbon--I needed a navy-on-white to cut curtains for the inside of my Sikorsky S-43, and Michaels' had exactly what I wanted. Criticizing them for what is not even close to their mainstream merchandise focus because they don't carry your favorite modeling subject is amusing. Not fair, and that's why it's amusing. You know, if you go to the hardware store to buy beef, you're going to bring home jerky or nothing...

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

I am hardly being unfair...when I become effeminate and start knitting doilies Michaels will be the first place I go for supplies. I was referring only to Michael's usefulness as a source of model specific goods So get off my back and go build a model :-P

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

Oh, I'm building all right, and it ain't doilies. And I'd be a little careful with the effeminate tag--last time I was there, a biker was coming out of the store with something in a white sack--maybe it was crochet hooks? 'course, this is California, where anything goes.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

I seem to remember Rosey Greer does needlecraft. I'd not call him effeminate. :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak