RAF Hampdens: question on paint scheme

Hi,
At this URL...
http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/southfly/hampden.htm
I have posted several pictures of 489 NZ Sqn Hampdens. I am trying to
gather information on why one Hampden (XA-Y) appears to be painted in an 'ocean' grey and sky scheme, yet images of both earlier and later Hampdens from the sqn show them in Green/Brown/Black schemes. (Of course, the photo dates could be wrong...).
Can anyone shed any light on this matter, please? Was it a trial scheme, as I have only ever seen this Hampden wearing it?
I am gathering info on the aircraft flown by 489 Sqn with the aim of publishing a book on the topic... any data anyone can provide is most welcome, esp. with regard to the Beauforts and Blenheims initially operated by the sqn. I managed to view several photos of the Mosquitos the sqn operated at the end on WWII, so hope to publish some profiles soon.
Thanks very much, Ian
[...]
Hi Ian I would suspect that your idea is correct and that it was a trial scheme possibly a precursor to that worn by Beaufighters and Mosquitoes engaged in anti shipping duties.
Cheers Kev
ISTR a SAM issue with Hampdens that had one painted this way. I'll try and dig it out of the archives tonight and check.
Bill Banaszak, MFE

The RAF museum at Hendon might have some information, you can check them out at www.rafmuseumshop.com
Regards, BMC