Re: AIR - KC- 135 and Boeing 707-100

I dont know about the wheel wells but the Armee de l'Air KC-135F's are painted a light grey colour at the moment

Alastair Macfarlane

Hi All, > I would like to know whether the wheel wells of these aircraft are > painted, or are left natural metal. > Also, are the Armee de l'Air KC-135F's painted aluminium or natural metal? > > Thanks, > Tony Whittingham > >
Reply to
Gondor

The French KC-135s are in fact a grey, with a lighter grey belly. The landing gear and the inside of the gear doors are white, at least on the few I've photographed. Ian

Reply to
Ian Maw

When initially delivered the KC-135Fs had a natural metal finish. Not sure when they went to the gray finish.

Don McIntyre Clarksville, TN

Reply to
Don McIntyre