Re: B-2 color question

All B-2s are gray overall. (I forget the FS no. right off-hand, but someone else here will know it.) The black leading and trailing edges were incorporated only on the flight test airplanes. (I could tell you why but then I'd have to kill you and infect all your computers.) The markings and stencils are done in a darker shade of gray. The apparent inconsistencies you see in the finish are due partly to the material of the surface underneath the paint, and partly to the reflectivity caused by the shapes of the parts.

Reply to
AV8R Jim

FS36118 Gunship Gray.

HTH,

Andre

Reply to
Andre van der Hoek

Thanks both Jim & Andre

I'm finishing the 1/144 Revell kit now, I believe the markings are for a testplane so I will probably take that route and go for the black edges

Erik Wauters

"Andre van der Hoek" schreef in bericht news:bit150$u81$ snipped-for-privacy@news4.tilbu.nb.home.nl...

Reply to
Erik Wauters

Yes that would be nice, but talking about laziness, they should give us a new mould because I won't build a second one after filling the seams and rescribing this one

Erik Wauters

"AV8R Jim" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m04.aol.com...

Reply to
Erik Wauters

FS 36118 Gunship Grey.

Reply to
Rufus

Fun ain't it? Apparently the mould was originally for the metal die-cast kit. As for getting the wings to sit straight, well never mind.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Pedley

Fun part is when you read the reviews AFTER you've started the kit and suspect something stinking is going on, oh well ...

Erik Wauters

"Nick Pedley" schreef in bericht news:bj0dtd$9hv$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk...

Reply to
Erik Wauters