Re: OT: Korvette's (was Re: Philidelphia Shops)

The old Korvettes here in Redford, Michigan closed in the late 1970's, I still have an unbuilt AIRFIX by Craft Master (Series No. 1507-150) 1/72 scale Junkers JU-52 bought there in the early 1970's.

Question: Why and for how long did AIRFIX market kits under the Craft Master name?

Beep beep, Beep beep, his horn went beep, beep, beep

Visit my AMC webpage:

MSN TV/WebTV users visit my AMC Discussion group:

Reply to
Robert

IIRC, Craft Master was into crafts and paint-by-number sets and must have taken over the Airfix of America branch. I have a '66 catalogue from Airfix announcing the takeover. Craft Master themselves were swallowed up by General Mills and the models were delegated to MPC which they had bought up also. I think that was around '68 or '69 judging by the boxing style MPC released their first Airfix kits in.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

My mother worked at Korvettes in Baltimore and I got a Christmas job there.

Dan Beavers

Reply to
Dan Beavers

How many were in the area?My brother worked at the one on Ritchie HWY near the MVA...but as I was only about 4 years old that's all I really remember.

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

The store was on Northern Parkway. Near Loch Raven Blvd.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Beavers

thanks...no one around here outside of my family even remembers the name!

Reply to
Eyeball2002308