Re: Se 5a --forgotten fighter--relatively speaking?

don't forget he was a bum flier constantly going down in flames. did he ever shoot anyone down? don't think so.

Nor did Snoopy......:)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

ya think?

So? In this country now one doesn't have to be good at anything, other than getting in the papers. ;]

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

The prototype SE5 didn't even fly 'til November, 1916.

Ball scored his first 31 "kills" before October, 1916.

Presumably, none of them were scored in the then-nonexistant SE5.

Reply to
Bill Shatzer

Got that one totally wrong, didn't I? Maybe I should have said "ten of them were scored in the SE5a". Or maybe... just maybe... he had an invisible SE5, like Wonder Woman... ;-)

Reply to
Enzo Matrix