Revell 1/32 AV-8A / Harrier Gr1 question

I recently bought the old Revell 1/32 kit of the AV-8A / Harrier GR1. I also was released as the "jump jet" in the 1980's. Searching the net I could not find any reviews / info on this kit. Any ideas / comments on accuracy of this kit?

thks, Meindert

Reply to
Meindert

This kit was released in the US in late 1973 along with the 1/32 Mirage IIIE/R/S/RS and the cutaway 1/144 TWA Lockeed Tristar. It was a terrific kit at that time. Very dated as far as detail now. The cockpit was sparse but featured a decal for the main instrument panel, an innovation at that time. The kit included a Pegasus engine that could be viewed through a removable panel on the top of the fuselage. The rest of the kit builds up into a fairly good replica.

Martin

Reply to
Martin

The Revell 1/32 Harrier GR.1 is actually more of a pre-production aircraft, halfway between what was still known as the P.1127 (post Kestral) but before it became the Harrier GR.1. The main difference is the fairing on the intakes, just forward of the nozzles.

I have a review from a 1970s Scale Models that I'll try and dig out.

Reply to
Jonathan M

That would be appreciated! Let me know if you found the review Meindert

Reply to
Meindert