Re: New 1/48 Hasegawa AV-8B?

>I thought that I read somewhere that Hasegawa is releasing a new tool 1/48
>AV-8B Harrier. Anyone know if that's true?
Yes, it's true.
Kelly Quirk
President IPMS/West Central Missouri
Show Me State Modelers

Show Me State Scale Model Show
Saturday September 20, 2003
Kansas City, Missouri
Ask me for details!
Reply to
Kelly Quirk
Jeff, Should be out in Sept/Oct time frame. Ray Lloyd IPMS#36878 FREMONT HORNETS "If the enemy is in range, so are you"
Reply to
QUIKBRD
I believe the kit is the Monogram tooling, HLJ has it listed under Hasegawa/Monogram, follow the link below. Regards RallyV.

rallyV
If that link don't work goto
and type harrier into the search option.
regards rallyV.
Reply to
rallyV
No, no, no, no!!! The model you've found is indeed old Monogram kit, but Hasegawa is going to release their own NET TOOLING AV-8B!!! New kit will arrive later this year.
It is the same as they did with F-8E Crusader - they were also selling Monogram kit for many years and now they released their own new tooling.
-- Regards, Pawel
Visit my webpage:
reviews, galleries etc.
Reply to
Vodnik
I can't remember where I saw the box art (or catalogue art) for it, but the NEW TOOL AV-8B is the one with the radar nose and the long fin intake. And about time too. (Hope they don't mould the airbrake closed like they seem to on their 72 scale versions. But then, they did on the 1/48 Crusader. Oh, the suspense!) Chek
Reply to
Chek
Here is a link to a picture of the box art on Hasegawa's site. It is due for release in Oct in Japan. Like the new F-8 Crusader it has a new item # PT28. All of the monogram kits that Hase has released have been coded HM not PT.

Kevin Seniuk
PT28 (07228) Scale : 1/48 Category :Modern British Tactical Attacker (sic) Estimated No. of parts : 150 Markings : U.S. Marine VMA-231 "ACE OF SPADES" SQN. C.O. code : CG01 Nov., 2001
I'm very happy to be wrong. The picture shows a long nosed Av8B plus.
Reply to
Tom Cervo