A Sticky Fix ?

I remember way back when i used to do this before ( 20 years since ), painting the model pieces ( some still on the racks ) before assembly.

But now i'm older (wiser ?) i have a question.

If you paint two pieces and then try to stick them together surly you'll be sticking paint to paint, and the Poly Cement will have nothing to "melt"

So what's the expert solution ???

Zardos

Reply to
Zardos

Use superglue. Kelly Quirk President IPMS/West Central Missouri Show Me State Modelers

Show Me State Scale Model Show Saturday September 17, 2005 Kansas City, Missouri Ask me for details!

Reply to
Kelly Quirk

Oh and another quick question :-

I'm about to order my first kits, could you recommend a colour for German armour ?

Zardos

Reply to
Zardos

oops, sorry i'm trying to watch the Tv

I know Grey but what shade ?

Zardos

Reply to
Zardos

Many solutions have been given already....but I will elaborate further on one:

Glue together as much as possible first, then paint later. This is not as "crazy" as it sounds. Remember, figures are usually painted after *everything* is assembled. Even armor models follow this trend. Many, if not most, armor modelers paint everything after assembly, even gluing on the roadwheels, and separate-link tracks, before painting.

Sure it requires a bit of masking, and creativity....but any "slop" is eliminated in the highlighting/shading/weathering stage.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Must be something really interesting then...

What period? For WWII, try

The safest answer is --- probably not blue . . . :-)

Reply to
Alan Dicey

WW2, i'm looking for a "standard" Gray i could use allot, Field Guns, Half Tracks, Vehicles, and so on

Zardos

Reply to
Zardos