Revell Repopping Renwal?

could this mean the Renwal kits could be available again? Would love to have them again with their super cool box art but I'll take them in
any way possible.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LNAPDY&P=G
Curious - what Renwal molds have been repopped?
Craig
<> that ontos was pretty sweet. did take some work on the barrels but it looked

The Ontos Barrels were in segments that made them look a little like grotesque bamboo and needed more filling and filing then I did at the time. I was in either 6th or 7th grade at that point. I also would leave the Basic Plastic color then - didn't learn til later that everything painted looked better - especially when I finally got an airbrush. Renwal and ADAMS both made Atomic Cannons. The Renwal was a bit crude. There's a web site where someone goes thru all the mods necessary to build the Atomic Cannon accurately with all the extra bits and pieces you have to scratch build. Theres a new Ontos out - strange vehicle with the external loading - but still a good addition.
Val Kraut

Reminds me of a story from the late 60's. Someone came up with a picture of a shot up pink Japanese Emily flying boat captured by American forces. Hassagawa had just released a kit in 1/72. Became a favorite topic at the local hobby shop and in some publications. What a unique build. Then someone came forward in letters to the editor in one of the magazines of the time. His unit took the picture - and screwed up in developing the negative - green became pink. This picture would turn up from time to time in a new book or magazine with the guy who knew the story doing his best to set the story straight once again. I wonder how many older collections still have a pink Emily in them.
Val Kraut

good story. never saw the pic, sadly.

However, I understand the IJN cruiser Haguro WAS painted pink at the time it was sunk by the RN...
Regards,

Moramarth

And of course there was a genuinely pink Spitfire used for photo-reconnaissance at dawn and dusk.
http://www.airplane-pictures.net/image8237.html
--
Gordon Davie
Edinburgh, Scotland

As stated earlier, Revell repopped many of Renwal's armor kits in the 1980s. The ones I remember and/or had in Revell boxings were the M50 Ontos, Mace Missile and Terracruiser, M41 Walker Bulldog, M42 Duster, M47 Patton, 5 ton wrecker, Hawk missile carrier, Self-propelled howitzer (M55?), and a few others boxed in the History Makers series (atomic annie?).