Roll Models and HobbyLand questions

Anyone here use Roll Models or HobbyLand on a consistent basis? I've previously dealt with Great Models, Squadron and Model Expo. Roll Models online catalog has a lot of listings and good prices, but there's nothing I see that shows whether an item is in stock or not. I'd like to place a large order to save on shipping costs, but if some of the kits aren't in stock, I don't want to pay multiple shipping charges down the road if they ship them piecemeal as they come in. I would think that it would be easy nowdays with computer systems to keep track of what's in your inventory and keep your website updated. HobbyLand is another vendor that has good prices, but again no indicator of whether an item is in stock or not. Then there's their ancient online order form, where you have to fill out all the information yourself (modern shopping cart software can't be that expensive), not to mention that submitting that form is not on a secure server - not a wise thing to do, especially with credit card orders. I'd appreciate any input anyone has on these vendors. Thanks in advance, James

Reply to
James

James,

I use Great Models Webstore, Squadron and Hobbyland. Of the three, I find that Hobbyland has the best prices on most items... I always call-in my orders to Hobbyland since they tell you if items are in stock or not. I'll agree that their website could use some major updating...

As a side note, I also visit the Hobbyland retail store in Ft Wayne, IN a lot. They have a great selection for the plastic modeler and a cool 'model builder club' which earns discounts with every kit purchase that can be used toward future purchases!

__________________________ Marv mmays (AT) scalejets (DOT) net

M. Mays