SA-2 Guideline pictures...

Everyone enjoy... William

Reply to
William L. Powell

Sweet......... Nice job.......... How was the construction and what paint did you use?

Dennis

Reply to
drodgick

Very nice! For the sake of the talent-challenged among us, could you supply some details on paints, etc? Mine should be arriving any day now-

Reply to
Jim Atkins

Ok. questions that will be answered...

Of course it is a Trumpeter kit. I used Ambroid glue to assemble it. I painted it with Model Master Russian Topside Gray on the missile itself. The launcher is painted Russian Armor Green. I outlined it with a Gundam fine pin.

There you are...

William

Reply to
William L. Powell

Hi,

I did my launcher in MM dark green #34079, thought it looked darker and better than the Russki armor green. I don't mind if it's not deadly accurate. Dusting some pastel rust on to it.

For the missile I combined 50/50 MM insignia white and light gray #36495. I wanted it to look more "whiter" than "grayer", but it's still very light gray just the same.

Check out a good review with a lot of pix at Hyperscale, or was it ModMadness? One or the other. HTH.

Weasel

Reply to
Weasel

William:

Nice job! It was good to see what I could expect when I start my SA-2 kit. Thanks for posting.

Mike

Reply to
Mike J. Idacavage