Setting solution for EagleCals?

The current thread about Solvaset vs. Microsol has me wondering about a similar question:

I'm trying a set of EagleCals for the first time (the F4U Jolly Rogers set on the Tamiya kit), and am having no luck getting them to settle down into the panel lines for that painted-on look. I've tried heavy applications of both Microset/Microsol and Champs, yet the decals continue to rebuff my every attempt. Has anyone had any experience with EagleCals that they would like to share? Is there a particular setting solution that works better for them? Thanks for any advice...

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Kokal

Solvaset - all the time!

Reply to
Rufus

Thanks for tip. I was told that Champs is hotter than Solvaset, yet my experience with Champs has been disappointing. I'll give Solvaset a try!

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Kokal

i picked up a jug today. i want to rfusize my next project.

I'm feeling a little Jim Jones-ish here...

Reply to
Rufus

Depends on what you put in his jug...

Bill Banaszak, MFE ;)

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

stay away from the brown acid...oops, wrong flashback.

big old honkin pratt and whitney.

While this may be the correct answer for these particular decals, if it doesn't work, try the 'opposite' solution: Testors. While Solvaset is my first choice, when *it* fails, the Testors stuff always works.

-- C.R. Krieger (Been there; seen that)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger