So......what's next on the target list???

A true wrist rocket has the wrist brace, it is not a typical "handle only slingshot" and as such it has stronger rubber and is more controllable. Try using rubber surgical tubing for the bands for better strength and life.

Reply to
Ron

I know I've got one in the attic - I pulled it out a few years ago and it intruiged my oldest son who still asks for it from time to time. I'm a terrible shot with it but judging from what I *have* hit using it, it's best left in the attic, away from the kiddies...

Frank Kranick

Reply to
Francis X. Kranick, Jr.

Please we need to end this thread here. It will just remind me of the 'oldyoungkid days, and the exceptional performance, and energy trasnfer ball bearings could deliver on impact into, and through a wide variety of everyday, and not so everday objects......

Reply to
AM

Now everyone will bitch they don't want live fire practice,or maybe even not allow planes to fly with live rounds. Then 9/11 the sequel will happen and they'll bitch that they weren't protected...

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

I remember reading a Life Magazine article when I was a kid back in around 1956 or so. This very thing happened to an F-86 (IIRC). The pilot fired his rounds and then went into a dive. Seconds later a couple of the rounds he'd fired caught up with him, hit the craft mid-ships damaging the engine and forced him to eject. They said at the time that it may have been a first, but nobody knew for sure.

The Old Timer

Yup, that's the one I've got as opposed to the "brand name" without the brace. I'll try the surgical rubber. Thanks,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

I thought it was an F11F Tiger that shot itself down...or has it happened a lot?

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

Eveidently it's happened at least a few times - and yes, a Tiger was mentioned.

Basic point was that any aircraft capable of supersonic flight can out fly the bullets it fires if the pilot fires in a dive and doesn't watch his speed or pull out of the firing plane after squeezing the trigger.

Reply to
Rufus

in article snipped-for-privacy@mb-m07.aol.com, The Old Timer at snipped-for-privacy@aol.comspamless wrote on 11/11/04 8:22 AM:

I seem remember the story that ran in Life magazine during the Korean war. I believe it was an F9F that shot itself down.

MB

Reply to
Milton Bell

Well, actually, I believe the aircraft involved in this incident was Grumman's F11F. The Navy pilot fired a burst and continued to accelerate and he caught up with the rounds, not the other way around.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

I've heard it was an F11F. Could there be two incidents?

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I really ought to read the whole thread first before adding my redundant thoughts. Anyway, the news last night was that the range won't be used until the authorities work out new procedures to ensure they don't hit anything unintended.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller