So......what's next on the target list???

At least he hit the school.

Hope the pilot enjoyed his last ride in an F-16.

Art

Reply to
Art Murray

Maybe I should add 'Drink Alert' to the subject when appropriate. ;-p

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Leno said something about it last night.

I don't remember the actual comment, but it referred to how adviseable it is to expect ANG pilots to turn up for duty.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

If I were the F-16 pilot I wouldn't be worried about the Jones' as much as I would be worried about what may soon be happening to my Johnson.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

There's some risk involved here but, Leno 'quoted' Bush to the effect that that's why ANG pilots shouldn't be expected to show up for drills. Just the messenger here, folks.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

So far as can be verified no friendly forces markings were on the roof of the building. ;)

Good line for a teacher to use on a kid who's a little boisterous: "Keep it up Johnny and we'll call the ANG".

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

An ANG pilot screws up?? I guess he'll make president in about 20 years. :-)

Jimi

Reply to
Jimi

A friend of mine is a Major in that squadron, and he made some pretty funny jokes about it as well :)

I hope they wernt PO'd at the job I did on the Hase 1/48 DCA ANG F16 C model I built that my friend put on display in his office............

Reply to
AM

"Jimi" wrote in news:03njd.2105$ snipped-for-privacy@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

Wellat least he's not a war criminal and traitor.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Seems the President's sense of humor has survived the election mess. Seriously, they seem to be very tight with information about the incident so far. They say 25 rounds hit the school. How many were fired? How many rounds do they load for a practice sortie?? Seems to me that at the rate a Vulcan spits rounds 25 was a really short burst, about .004 seconds.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Fine point! I don't see it on the news either. Whadya wanna bet the pilots father is well connected? Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Do we know that it was pilot error and not an electrical fault?

Reply to
Joe Jefferson

Have a hard time seeing an electrical fault causing this...there's too many interlocks to override...more likely a navigation and ID error.

...and BTW - I once used to work with a Harrier jock that was quick enough on the tigger with the 25mm to count rounds to within about five per squeeze. The good guys are pretty good...guys...

Reply to
Rufus

Not nearly so hard as if he aimed it at ya

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

"Spent" as in fired...all of the casings go back into the drum, not overboard. They were bullets that hit the school, not empty shell casings.

So much for proper firearms training in our schools...

Reply to
Rufus

There was a piece on Philly news today. The ANG commander was explaining to the parents of kids who go there that the shells were spent rounds because the gun had fired during a climb. They then arced and fell back to earth. I'm no physics major but it sounds like they'd still come down hard.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Sounds about right and I'll take the bowling ball any day because it's slower (one might possibly dodge it) and it's much larger therefor the impact is spread over a much wider area. Other ballistic tidbits, the average duffer can drive a golfball such that it can be considered lethal for a torso hit up to 100 feet; the shell casing as ejected from the action of a Ruger Mini-14 is also within the accepted lethal range within two feet (improbable since it would have to hit at the perfect angle), 1/2" or 3/4" steel ball bearings fired from your average Wrist-Rocket (note a true Wrist-Rocket) slingshot are lethal out to at least 50 yards (at 25 yards they will leave an entrance wound in a human skull approx. 1.25 times their diameter, take off most of the other side of the skull and are still lethal for a torso hit within the next few feet). Don't ask how I know the latter.

Ron "Who has forgotten more about guns and ballistics than most people ever know" Smith

Reply to
Ron

Don't even ask how many phonecalls to media jerkoffs I made during our sniper mess two years ago......

Reply to
Ron

Ouch! That's mean! :-)

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Hee, hee

How come the power bands on my Wrist Rocket only last about six months? Stored in the dark, air conditioned, etc. And what is a "true Wrist Rocket?" tia,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper