Source for obscure car model

I'm looking for a plastic model of a 1954 Ford Customline, 4 door. It's for a friend who owned one when he was in highschool.

I'm not having any luck with the usual sources, including my local hobby shop. Does anyone know of a source for this particular model?

Thanks,

John

Reply to
John

I'm looking for a plastic model of a 1954 Ford Customline, 4 door. It's for a friend who owned one when he was in highschool.

I'm not having any luck with the usual sources, including my local hobby shop. Does anyone know of a source for this particular model?

Thanks,

John

Reply to
John

John, Linberg has produced a 1954 Ford, I believe it is a Customline too, but it was a 2 door. You might try The Modelhaus (217)864-4402 or write for the catalog $2.00

5480 Traughber Rd. Decatur Il 62521

The have resin conversions and such. Mike G.

Reply to
Mike G.

Models like these were generally done as dealership promos. I did a Google search for these, but could only find convertables.

Stephen "FPilot" Bierce/IPMS #35922 {Sig Quotes Removed on Request}

Reply to
Stephen "FPilot" Bierce

Reply to
Mike G.

Good luck, I'd love to have a 54 Ford Skyliner (the glasstop) as my cousin had one if HS. No models of that puppy, however there was a

2drht (Sunl> I'm looking for a plastic model of a 1954 Ford Customline, 4 door.
Reply to
Grandpa

That's really a '53 Ford and comes in hardtop or convertible, both with flathead engines. '54 was the first year with an OHV engine. There were minor trim & grille changes plus, IIRC, a Macpherson strut front suspension in the '54s. There was an acetate 4-dr. promo by AMT back in '54 but besides being expensive it wouldn't have a good chance of being straight.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Bill, Yeah, I know, as after I went and popped off about that, I went and looked at my stash of models. I have two of them. I also did a search on the web to check out Modelhaus, they don't have one either nor a conversion as I thought they did. I replied to John about that earlier.

I grew up with a '54 Ford in the family, my dad had one for a number of years. My aunt and uncle had bought it new here in Texas. You are correct about the engine, first OHV. However it did not have Macpherson strut, it had a ball joint type with A arms. I think there was a connecting link between the two with a king pin attaching the wheel, but right now I'm not sure, I'll check on that to make sure. I'll have to scrounge through the old Motors Manual to see. So don't hold me to that till I check.

Mike G.

Reply to
Mike G.

Bill, Found this bit of info; "In 1954, Ford introduced an all-new engine with a distinctive profile: it was a 239-cubic-inch, 130-horsepower Y-block V-8 that produced 20 horsepower more than the 1953 flathead V-8. The new engine had a shorter stroke than the old flathead, had wedge-shaped combustion chambers and came equipped with a Holley 2-barrel carburetor.

1954 was also the year Ford introduced overhead valves as well as being the first year Ford introduced North American ball-joint front suspension. Ford was the first low-priced car with this type of suspension."

Mike G.

Reply to
Mike G.

Hmm, must have gotten my Lincolns and Fords crossed. :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller