Toolbox

Digital_Cowboy expressed precisely :

I can't remember who suggested the 3" binders, but I'm already at the stage where I need to get at least one. As I've printed out some good info, and am currently keeping it all in the manila envelope that the catalog that I got from Testor's in.

Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

Get the Visor of Vision (that's my name for it) from Phoenix or a variety of other places. It's a Chinese knock-off of the Optivisor but also has a light. Three different magnifications. Helps immensely. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

Yeah, I thought that would be great. I don't have one though.

I should really get off my wallet and just buy one but I keep procrastinating thinking I'm going to make one. I do like the transformer idea though, I'll give that a shot. Thanks,

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

I would also suggest "Flexi-pad" sanding sticks (they look sort of like basic emery boards with one end tapered) and a "Flexi-file". The flexi-file is indispensible for rounded surfaces like radomes and starship engine nacelles. If you've never seen one, it's a 5" U-shaped aluminum (not aluminium like they have on the other side of the pond!) frame that resembles a coping saw without the handle. The grit bands are plastic and wrap around curves very well. A little tip if you get one: write the grit number on the bands with a permanent marker. I forgot to and threw the package away. Now I have no idea which is which, so I have to go by feel. Another suggestion would be to start collecting yogurt/pudding cups, 35mm film canisters, etc for mixing paint, washing brushes, etc. Also, see if you can find some hypo syringes with blunt needles, for two reasons. One, you can measure nice precise amounts of paint/thinner for mixing ratios, and if you have spare blunt needles, they make great gun barrels. I picked up a dozen syringes at the local Hobbytown USA. That was three years ago, my only visit there, and only purchase there. Everything else I need I buy at (quick plug here) MVR Hobby and Major's Art and Hobby, both in Davenport, IA.

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci

Reply to
Disco -- FlyNavy