USAF flight manuals of use for modeling?

I recently came across by USAF flight manuals of the YF-23, SR-71, U-2C/F and YF-12, reprinted by the "Government Reprints Press". See here for some covers:

Are these manuals of use for modelers? I'm specifically interested in the U-2C manual. It is 348 pages with 100 line drawings, which sounds pretty good to me. Does anyone own this manual?

Rob

My models:

Me 163B site:

Rob de Bie

Rob asked:

snippage

Two or three possible answers:

  1. Maybe
  2. Yes and no
  3. Somewhat Notice that it doesn't say which government's press. It also doesn't say what the line drawings contain. Flight manuals are loaded with charts and graphs which are considered "line drawings" On the plus side you will probably get a photo or drawing of the main and sub instrument panels and consoles (without classified panels), a couple of photos of the seat, person sitting in the seat, also the seat and canopy operating instructions, possibly an illustrated description of the preflight, emergency and postflight proceedures. You may get overall drawings of the aircraft top, side and possibly frontal or
1/4 frontal view. These drawings/photos will be black and white, not necessarily to scale (sort of like Squadron drawings). Some flight manuals after about the F-4/RF-4 series contain a cutaway(s) showing major equipment locations. (My RF-4 manual has a three page foldout that is not 100% accurate). You will get dimensions, weights, etc. You won't get specific armament information which is normally in a supplement to the flight manual. Shorter answer, you will probably get some information not available elsewhere but these manuals won't give you everything that you want to know. These manuals are better than nothing. The manuals of the F-84/F-86 circa early 1950s had some decent cartoons in them.

Rick Clark MFE Pssst....... Want to buy a C-124 flight encyclopedia?

Reply to
OXMORON1