Verlinden Swastika Template Question

How can you place a metal template against the fin of an aircraft model
and have it be flush enough to not feather out when painting?
With curves, rivets and panel lines I don't see how to get around this.
Craig
Reply to
crw59
Why not place it over some clear decal film - and paint the swastika onto that ??
Or better yet, get a sheet of swastika decals ???
Ken
snipped-for-privacy@earthl> How can you place a metal template against the fin of an aircraft model
Reply to
Ken Duffey
"Ken Duffey" wrote
Ugh - you airplane guys and your decals. . .
To answer the original question, if you don't think you can get a clean mask, get frisket paper and use the metal stencil to make a frisket stencil that is self-adhesive and very thin. Apply to model, paint, and remove.
KL
Reply to
Kurt Laughlin
Geez, get yourself some Rubbermaid or Tupperware containers. I've had decals for decades in those and I don't see any dust.
Bill Banaszak, MFE
Reply to
Mad-Modeller
Up until 1986 I was a keen aircraft modeller and I amassed a large collection of Modeldecal sheets, many of which were never touched. After 1986 I simply didn't have time to do any modelling, so the decal sheets were bundled up in a plastic bag and placed in storage in the loft of a barrack block. On returning to the UK and moving into a house, they were shoved in my own loft. There they remained until about a year ago, when I decided to try my hand at a few more aircraft models.
After nearly 20 years of neglect, all of the decals - Modeldecal, Microscale, Bare-Metal alike -are still perfectly useable. There are a lot of nice Hunter schemes just itching to be placed on the new Revell model!
Reply to
Enzo Matrix
Lord! That's almost as good as finding buried treasure! :-)
Bill Shuey
Reply to
William H. Shuey