Wanted: 1/48 Gazelle

OK... if you want the whole story first.... My wife is an exchange student here in Istres, France at the French Test Pilot School (EPNER) as a Test Flight Engineer in their helicpoter program. Basicly, the USAF thought they would send us to the south of France instead of Edwards. Darn.

The first flight she made here was in the Gazelle, and I promised her a model of the same. I work in 1/48, and I know Heller is offering the same in 1/72. And would be easy to get. She insists on the larger scale.... it's a tiny enough helico in 1/1 to begin with is her argument. Anyone have a Fujimi or other version of this helicopter in 1/48? Any lines on the same? Europe would be great, but if your in the stqates my parents would be able to bounce it to me... we are on the economy and the APO in Paris is really not a good option either.

Thinks for any help. E-bay has come up empty.

Rich

Reply to
Rich

KingKit (

) list the Fujumi one for =A315

Ian

Reply to
IanDTurner

I'd have rather gone to Edwards myself.

Reply to
Jim

Do you have an idea of one? What are the differences? Searching....

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich

I have spent a fairly large amount of time for the USAF in Istres as well, and can tell you that life in Provence is a lot more interesting than southern California. Contact me off line and I would be glad to share any tips- it is a great region.

Reply to
Viperdoc

Jim. Sorry. I had originally misunderstood you post about Edwards. I was thinking you meant the model company 8-) Durh!!!

Ah, southern France isn't so bad.... I didn't have a whole lot of choice in the matter. I can't work here, so I get plenty of time at the workbench. We got 6 months of language training in Monterey before we came over.... And... there is a 33% chance we follow on at the top of the ziggurat.

Reply to
Rich