Warning - Sandle Hobbies

Hi All

I just want to post a general warning not to online order from

I place a order in January 2005. Waited for a confirmation from them and received none. Tried to mail them no reply. I cancelled the order in February 2005 via e-mail, also no reply. Middle of August 2005 they billed me for the items. 6 Months later. I tried to get hold of them via phone and e-mail not reply. Also not items received.

I think this is bad service

PS got hold of items from another hobby shop within 4 weeks. I'm in South Africa and Sandle Hobbies are in Australia.

Reply to
Maverick

"Maverick" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@is.co.za:

I've never had any problems. And yes, I have ordered from them...

RobG

Reply to
RobG

I've only ordered from them once, but I was very pleased with the service and communication.

Dan Hartz

Reply to
dnsh

I've ordered from them a couple of times and had no problems.

Cheers Ultan

Reply to
Ultan Rooney

I've found Sandle Hobbies to be a bit slow, but the service is OK. They have always responded to any queries and done their best to let me know if my order is unavailable or will have to be back-ordered.

Their website is informative and they whilst they obviously don't carry a lot of stock, any orders I have made have always come through without drama.

Like I said, a bit slow (compared to people like Earl at NKR, who operates at light speed!!!) but reliable.

I suggest Maverick has just been the victim of a glitch in the system.

James.

Reply to
jvenables

Placed an order from UK, knowing I was going to Canberra a few weeks later. Shane and Lorna brought the items to my hotel!

I'd only met them briefly in the UK earlier that year, but they made a round trip of nearly 300 miles to deliver and share a glass or two.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Hughes

I've ordered from them several times with no problems. They even sent a couple of christmas cards. As for emails, have you checked that your isp is not blocking their email or that your isp is not being blocked by theirs. How many times did you try to ring them? Was the phone disconnected or was their some message?

If they billed you in the middle of August and you haven't got the items, where they sent airmail or surface mail?

Reply to
Blackbird

Hi All

Great news to hear you all had great service. Exept me :-( But I still have a problem.

  1. I lost alot of money.
  2. My ISP is not blocking the mail.
  3. Left messages on the awnsering machine. No call backs.
  4. I finaly resieved the parcel today. But I sent it back because I allready bought it from another on-line shop that replied on my origenal queries. ( good service = feedback to client) Hopefully they will resieve the parcel back and then read their e-mail for a change and credit my back account. I would just like to get my money back. If any one has contact with them please explain my problem to them and ask them to contact me. They have my e-mail address. My name is Zane Jacobs and I'm form South Africa

Thanks

Reply to
Maverick

You were billed in the middle of August and received your package in the middle of September. A one month wait for the package to arrive isn't excessive in my opinion. It often takes a month for me to receive pakages in the US from England and France, depending on how slow customs is in clearing the package. I don't think Sandle Hobbies failed in this case. I think you are too impatient.

Reply to
dnsh

Read the original post. He placed ordered the stuff in JANUARY. Then he attempted to cancell, was charged, and then still receives the order... a month later.

Reply to
Moi

I probably should have said that I doubt the validity of his attempts to contact Sandle. As soon as he was charged for the items, he should have disputed the charges with the card issuer.

Reply to
dnsh

Hi All Me again.

  1. As Mio said I placed the order in January. Cancelled it 2 weeks later. Got no mail from them when I ordered or canncelled items.( this is where the problem started. Bad service)
  2. Got Billed in August ( 7months later ) sh*t service. When I saw this I mailed them again. Still no reply. (bad service)...
  3. Did contact my bank. They say Sandle Hobbies must credit me. There is nothing they can do.
  4. I resieved items I did not want and cancelled in September.....
  5. Send items back to Sandle Hobbies.
  6. I JUST WANT MY MONEY BACK !!!

Cheers

Reply to
Maverick

I hope it does work out for you, but refusing the package may not help your cause. Even if you didn't get your money back at least you would have had the product for which you paid . Was it a credit card you used or a wire transfer? Here in the US it is quite easy to dispute a charge. I'm not sure about in SA, but you may want to reread your contract just in case you have rights that the bank was unwilling to mention.

Reply to
dnsh

Why did you cancll it? When you ordered them, you entered into a contract with them.

If they are in breach, yoiu can cancel, but it could be you were contracted anyway.

Just my .02 $ - don't know Austrailian Distance Selling rules

Remove nospam to reply!!

Reply to
Dave Fleming