Internet Dealer Warning

There are at least three internet sites that trade under the name of 'Modelers Paradise'. This warning applies only to the German site at URL

also known as Modellbau-Center K=F6ln.

I placed an order with these guys last November 19th. They sent me a confirmation of my order and by separate e-mail an answer to a question I had. Then I received an e-mail telling me that the order would be delayed until the end of March when the kits would come back into stock. In April, their new stock arrived and they asked for payment. I used PayPal and the payment went through, but no kits arrived.

After several more e-mails, some answered, some not, I made a request through PayPal to have my payment returned. I received a response from Modelers Paradise that they would look into the issue, but then nothing. Subsequent e-mails have not been answered.

Now, almost one year after I placed my order, they have $207 of mine, and I have none of their kits.

So be careful with these guys.

Simon M.

Reply to
Simon M.

Hello: Are you German native? They write the following on their sites:

=3D=3D R=FCcktrittsrecht Sie haben das Recht, bis zur Auslieferung Ihrer Bestellung ohne Angabe von Gr=FCnden vom Kauf zur=FCckzutreten. M=F6chten Sie eine Bestellung r=FCckg=E4ngig machen, so k=F6nnen Sie uns telefonisch unter Tel. ..... oder per E-Mail: ... hierzu unterrichten. Eventuell bereits geleistete Zahlungen werden zur=FCckerstattet. =3D=3D

In a nutshell: you own the right to withdraw from the treaty at any time. Just in case you made some payments and if you decide you want your money back they will follow your requirement.

Thats what they officially write on their sites. I wonder why you had experienced such hurdles.

Do you need some help with the German correspondence drop me a note on my email adress.

Schneewittchen

Reply to
Förster vom Silberwald

I dealt with them this past summer on an eBay auction. After 30 days, I filed a complaint with eBay and heard from them almost immediately. They traced the order and found that it got as far as NYC and dropped out of sight. Within two weeks, I had a replacement set of models. No problem that time, but I have been very careful about dealing with them again.

Reply to
Old Timer

So it was lost in transit through no fault of the seller, right?

And the seller replaced them even though it wasn't at fault, right?

Why? Seems to me that they acted entirely honorably.

Reply to
Al Superczynski