what's the most you've spent on one model order ???

anyone make a 66 coronet? they had a weird kind of metallic rust color that year, burnt barf or some such. it was a sick kind of cool.

Reply to
someone

When I last talked to him re: AA Models, he was working on a Diplomat. That would have been great for the police modellers. I'd have liked one of the coupes myself. There used to be some running around here on mags with a bit of rake. Made for an almost acceptable street car.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

Burnt barf. OMG I...can't...stop...laughing!!

Reply to
TF

i think they had baby shit yellow, too.

Reply to
someone

Brindle brown.....

Reply to
The Old Man

I remember when the Squadron Shop store run by Roy Dwyer over in Laurel, Maryland closed up. I spen somewhere opver $600 in two days. Took a while to get the ol credit card balance down that time.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
Bill Shuey

'67 Coronets, yes. '66 Coronets, no. And it took 30 years to get the '67 to market.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

67 is a lot different, right?
Reply to
someone

No. Not much different at all. It wouldn't take much for an enterprising master maker to slap together a passable conversion for the '67 kit to make a '66. Same for the Plymouth. Grilles and some trim is all. It might be possible to do with photoetch parts alone.

-- C.R. Krieger (Is it me, or is it cold in here?)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

See, and I went and dropped about $50 on a bunch of photoetch detail sets and stuff, *including* a 1/9 ESCI Z=81=FCndapp 'mit Fallschirmjager', when a local HobbyTown closed - and I felt guilty about it ...

-- C=2ER. Krieger (Haven't built that yet.)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

i thought the rear went from squre tp rounded.

Reply to
someone

Same body. Headlights on the '66 were closer to the grille center leaving room for large turn signals between the headlights and the body. There was a thin body-colour separation of the front grilles on the '66 that the '67s did not have. A planview (overhead) of the front end would resemble a stretched-out '\/\/'. Taillights were trapezoidal, lying on their sides as it were and a bit recessed. '67 taillights were not recessed but were, on some models, covered with thin black plastic 'teeth'.

'68, '69 and '70 had a different body than the earlier 'B' bodies. To this car nut and occasional street racer, the Plymouth Bs' styling had it all over the Dodges for those three years.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

our was a cheapo 6 banger three speed.

Reply to
someone

I dunno, man. Dodge got that 'Coke bottle' bodyside 2 years earlier and it had a harder 'edge' than the '68-'70 cars. I really like those in a 2-door hardtop - especially in white. Unfortunately, the grilles were just dumb ...

Which reminds me: It wouldn't be too difficult for the same enterprising individual to whip up some fairly simple '67-to-'66 Plymouth conversions, either. Same kind of differences. Grilles, light size & placement, etc.

-- C.R. Krieger (Been there; done that)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

Well, several $200+ 1/24 kits (Model Factory Hiro race cars).

Four (so far) $200-300 1/43 kits (Feeling43). Value on some of those are over $400 now. Several in the $100-150 range, lots more in the $60-100 range. 1/43 is an expensive venture, especially for detailed kits.

$600 for a 1/12 Porsche 935 (Tamiya + SMS Detail set)

$200+ in a Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (kit + loads of PE)

I have friends that have well over $1000-1200 into the 1/8 Pocher kits.

MH

Reply to
M Hanson