Latest threads in Scale modeling discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Russian Kits for Auction
I have posted a new list of models. Hope you like them! Mertz Ketchikan, Alaska

ARM: Review - Trumpeter KV-1 Model 1942 Cast Turret Tanks
Kit Review: Trumpeter 1/35 Scale KV-1 Tank kits: Kit No. 00359, Russia KV-1 Model 1942 Heavy Cast Turret Tank; 311 parts (288 in grey styrene, 18 clear vinyl keepers, 2 black vinyl track sections, 2...
1
1

re:london model clubs
Hi I am a member of the Association of London Modellers we meet on the last wednesday of each month in the St Brides institute which is near St Pauls. Check out our website for a map and more info on...

Mirage IV Color
I'm presently working on the 1/48 Heller Mirage IVA kit No 596, and the instructions show the color scheme to be Heller #'s 7001 and 7030 which when crossed at the Stockholm Site to Humbrol #'s this...
1
1

64 years ago today!
U.S.S. Yorktown and Lexington vs. H.I.J.M.S. Shokaku and Zuikaku in the Coral Sea, and the nature of naval warfare changed forever. Only the Lexington has a decent kit available in something other...
12
12

Seeking suggestions for good figure painting book...
Greetings. A long time ago I posted a request for a good guide to figure painting. Several folks replied, and recommended one by Shep Paine. It was regarded as the best of its kind, but sadly I've...
1
1

[AIR] 1/72 Tornado F.3 - which one is best?
Which one is better in outline/shape, Airfix or Hasegawa? TIA Burkhard
3
3

Lockheed F-80C
Hello All, I'm building a Airfix F-80C in 1/72.I have some the F-80C a black cockpit or has a interior green pit?I already have a injection seat from Pavla. For decalling:I have a Microscale set...
5
5

How's my math? And scratchbuilding a 1/350 helicopter?
1. I have a 1/350 scale model USN Cruiser. I want to scratch build a 1/350 Piasecki HUP-2 helicopter, circa late 1950s, to sit on the back of the ship (I don't really want to scratch build it, but...
8
8

London model clubs?
Does anyone know of any clubs in the UK (Preferably the London area) for ship modlers or plastic kits in general? Any info would be very helpfull CJ
1
1

USAF Markings
Does anyone know with certainty what colour the USAF lettering on natural metal finished aircraft was? For years, some kits supplied dark blue lettering for the USAF wing marking and UNITED STATES AIR...
11
11

International Airpower Review #18 ???
Is this out yet? Jack G.
10
10

[AIR] CanMilAir - Modelling Canadian Military Aircraft
Looking for decal markings to finish your favourite kit as a Canadian military aircraft? With 145 decal sets covering over 50 military aircraft types, CanMilAir Decals probably has what you are...

Pay attention!
When will I learn? Huh? Huh? Just when will I learn? *Pigeons* learn quicker than me... When will I learn to *pay attention* when I'm masking something? As in ensure that I'm actually masking the bits...
2
2

Waterline Optional Ship Kits
with the Trumpeter Hood as an example, If you decide to go full hull, you have to glue the red bottom hull section on to themain hull pieces? does that mean you have to fill and make uniform around 60...
6
6