Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Blood on my drawings!
Hi All, Got one that's got me stumped good and proper. As of mid-morning this morning, all of the annotations (dimensions, balloons, hole callouts, notes etc) I'm adding to drawings are showing up...
5
5

export to dwg
I'm having some trouble with saving my drawings to dwg. I have a macro set up which does it for me, appending a rev letter to the filename, which I use when I'm ready to send something to a vendor....

Help needed adding VB6 dll addin to SW2007
Hello - new group subscriber... Looking for info regarding how to add a VB6 dll to SW2007. Done a fair bit of Googling, downloaded SW api demos etc... I have created the dll, registered it via...
4
4

Solidworks Electrical routing help!!!
Hi All I am trying to evaluate Solidworks router for doing electrical cables. Has any one got any advice for setting this up. I'm being told by my VAR that a traiining course is required and it takes...
2
2

2008 Network Installs.... help....
Noob to this type of discussion forum, our Local guy that works in our office is having problems with the network install of 2008. We are upgrading from 2007 and the same tricks to get it to work...
2
2

2 Page Word Document as object
Does anyone know of a way to insert a 2 page word document into a drawing so that both pages show up?
8
8

Top down design Layout sketches
I have been having a discussion about Top Down design and Layout sketches with a colleague, wondering what the group's opinions are? Method 1 has the Layout sketches in the Assembly. Method 2 has the...
12
12

Geometric tolerance symbols in ms word
A QA guy is writing reports in ms word and he asked me how to insert geometric tolerance symbols in to the text Any suggestion welcome
5
5

A New Continuous Collision Detection Library (CATCH) Release
We announced the release of a new continuous collision detection (CCD) library, CATCH, based on the following SIGGRAPH 2007 paper: Continuous Collision Detection for Articulated Models using Taylor...

SolidWorks Hot Air Vent...
For some reason I am really annoyed today and I feel the need to share some frustrations. So.... here goes! expect many issues with spelling and grammer! We recently did the move to SW 2008 and so far...
19
19

FILE NAME
Does any one know how I can link the file name to the part number in the custom properties of the part? I tries $prp "file name" with no success. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Stew GO TIGERS
6
6

Getting Model Data into Standard SW2007 Titleblock?
How does one go about getting Model Data such as mass/weight into a Standard SolidWorks 2007 Titleblock? From what I can gather, Titleblock attributes seem to be pointing to Drawing Data. I would like...
2
2

Mate names gone funny
I replaced a component in an assembly and mapped the mates to the new component, and now some of the mate names don't display in the normal fashion. Normally you would see:- Coincident12 (component...

auto relief - sheetmetal
Cannot get autorelief to work. Any suggestions??
2
2

Change drawing template ?
Have a number of drawings that I want to change the text format on. Is there an easier way of doing besides going to tools/options for each drawing? Can I load a new drawing template sort of like you...
4
4