2006 SP2.0 - swHelpEnglish.zip problem

Just upgraded from SP0.0 to 2.0 - unzipped swHelpEnglish.zip to C:\Program Files\SolidWorks\. Now ALL help topics give the message "The page cannot be displayed". Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Reply to
JEB Davis

I think it is related to a Microsoft security issue -- many other software programs have this problem now as well until you change your security settings anyway. Please refer to the article:

apply the suggested Method 2: Modify the ItssRestrictions registry entry to enable a specific security zone to your machine.

Hope that helps Steve T.

Reply to
SteveT

If you right-click on the help file and select options, you may find an option . This is what I had to do in the 2005 help files. Changing the security settings didn't work for me on those at all but unlocking every help file did.

I hope this may help too, Ed

Hope that helps Steve T.

Reply to
Big Dutch

Thanks Steve and Big Dutch,

I did the following: search SW install dir. for all ".chm" files. Click button in files' Properties.

Problem solved. Saved a screen dump for future reference.

Reply to
JEB Davis