Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Block Problem - HELL-P
Hi, I created a text block for a client (name, address, etc) saved it as a block and used it in the clients drawing templates... The client noticed that the "tel" in the telephone number accidentally...
10
10

This beginner has a mate problem.
I am in hopes that someone on this forum can help me on a mating problem. I have a 1" round X 6" long shaft, and I want to mate it to a block that is 1" thick and 6 " square. On the top and in the...
1
1

Re: Surfcam Post for Fanuc 18i
Cliff wrote in news: The original wasn't x-posted. Perhaps there is a community college offering a computer class near you?

Looking for 3D model of a 40' shipping container
Hey all, I'm looking for a decent model of a 40' shipping container... has anyone run across anything recently? Any format to import into SW06 would be fine. Thanks! -Scott
1
1

Los Angeles Solidworks User Group
Scan to 3D? What is it? What does it do? Find out when we use Solidworks to scan an item and create the geometry. So the Saints didnt make it to the big game huh? I heard it was so they could attend...

What happened to "Constrain All"?
I can't find the tools-relations-constrain all command in SW 2007. What happened to it?
2
2

5 axis simultan milling camworks or solidcam
Hi i'm doing 5axis trimming of waccumformed parts, today i use Alphacam, but i want have a system thats more integrated, with SW, does any one have experience with similar work on Camwork or Solidcam,...
6
6

'TRAVEL' LINES IN EXPLODED VIEWS
Public thanks to all the guys who have been answering my questions lately. I've been using SolidWorks since 2000 but only now am I getting into the more esoteric features (or lack of). Which brings me...
3
3

Sketch Points on a drawing - bigger??
Can a sketch point be made to show-up bigger when placed on a drawing? Thanks!
2
2

naming dimensions
I know how to name a dimensions in a sketch, but how do you name a dimension in a feature. For instance, if you have a dimension in Extrude 1, the default name is something like D1@Extrude1. How can I...
2
2

Calculating the volume of a cavity inside an assembly
Hi, I'm a mechanical engineering student and I've been asked to create a piston on solidworks. I created the whole assembly by building all the required parts (piston_rod, piston_cylinder,...
4
4

"Limitations" of SolidWorks Student Edition 2006-2007???
I'm interested in evaluating SolidWorks as a faculty member. On the SW site it says: "Although functionally identical to the SolidWorks software used by professionals in the workplace, the student...
5
5

problem creating files
I'm using a computer that was set up by a recently departed designer, and he create a macro to automatically create all the subsequent models and drawings of the configurations of a master model....

SW + WEB + Apps.
Hi Group. We are planning to use SW together with a web-based app. The app. Will provide all data for a model/assembly in SW. A section view is made For a sales drawing. From there SW should make all...
1
1

SolidWorks 2007 SketchBlockInstance API defect
SolidWorks 2007 use a new API SketchBlockInstance to Control the Block. I had use SolidWorks 2006 API, in SW2006: Model2-->View-->Block But in SolidWorks 2007 API. it is:...