Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Dynamic pan/zoom doesn't work
One of my colleagues is using SWX2006 on a Dell Precision M70 laptop and the dynamic rotate/pan by holding down the middle mouse button without/with the control key is not working. At first he was...
3
3

No Edrawings Professional???
Hi folks, I've been using Solidworks for a number of years for other companies and recently bought my own seat. I'm a bit disappointed that edrawings professional is not included with the package and...
7
7

No document
Installed SW 2006. Can't open a part or start a new one. The screen just sits there with the SW logo. Am I missing something? Waiting to here from my VAR.
2
2

SW loft
Can anyone tell me what the profile guide lines do when I attempt a loft. (the 2 blue circles at the end of a straight line) I adjust the lines and with varying success - and sometimes get a loft. Its...
1
1

New Error Message in 2006
One of my compatriots has run into a new error message in 2006 when he tries to join parts or combine bodies: "This feature can only modify an existing body. It cannot create new bodies." Anybody got...
1
1

OT: FOUND cheap Spaceball 3003Cs
I posted a message a week or so back asking whether anyone had an old Spaceball 3003C that they wanted to sell. One person responded (very kindly) and I've sent a check to him. Then last night I...
3
3

Can Solidworks 2006 figure out how much stainless steel 316 material I'm going to have to order tia sal2
Greetings All Does Solidworks 2006 have a built addin that automatically calculates the best nesting layout to optimize material utilization? Like BlankNest if so where is it? I'm trying to figure out...
5
5

Suppress all configs
SW2006 SP4.1 I thought maybe I kept making a mistake, but I know now that when I told it to unsuppress a group of mates in all configs, including the current one, it appeared to do it, until I...
2
2

Macro for converting every line in a drawing into two lines
Hi all, I am completely new to the whole Solidworks macro thing. I was wondering if something like the following could be done: 1. Scan through the present drawing and for every line in the drawing:...
5
5

OT...document control software?
Can anyone recommend a good document control software package? We need something for revision controlled documents (prod. specs, manuals, etc.) that will allow us to "lock down" working copies, as...
10
10

Daul Boot
Is anyone using dual boot of XP pro and XP 64 and installed SW as a 32 bit and 64 bit app? Can it be safely done? TIA Dennis
1
1

How to learn to generate macros in sw.
Hi, I m working on solidworks modelling and detailing since 2 yrs . Now i want to learn how to generate Macros in SW can any one suggest me. Please help me in these .
6
6

Solidworks Prob, loft
How do I get around the zero thickness tolerance when I try to loft. I get a preview that seems to show the loft will work, but once I click on okay it gives me the zero thickness error. I have drawn...
2
2

Exporting Solidworks 3D-Part Model to AutoCAD
I have created an assembly in SolidWorks and exported to AutoCAD as a ACIS file but in AutoCAD if my one Part of Assembly is Joined with two or three parts then after getting in AutoCAD all those...
1
1

Newbie back, and dumber than ever (THREADS)
Okay... I've read and read, searched the group and read more, and even read your replies to my problem in the last thread I started, and I *STILL* can't seem to grasp how exactly I need to make this...
15
15