Applying remote load for cosmos

Hi all,

I am trying to insert a point force on the surface of my solidworks model. However, I keep getting a distributed load. What's more, this surface that I am trying to insert my load is a cylindrical surface. Can someone render or advice?

blur

Reply to
Lu Song

You could create a "point" surface on the bigger surface. So, basically, recreate the original, but smaller, and where you want the point load to be.

Reply to
Mr. Pickles

Split the face (i.e. create a small face on the full face using the split command) this will allow you to apply the load to the appropriate area.

Merry :-)

Reply to
Merry Owen