ASSY: Setting configurations from the Propery menu pick

When working with a subassembly that has configurations in a multi configuration assembly it is supposed to be possible to set which configuration of the subassembly is used in each configuration of the assembly by RMB on the component, selecting the config and then by clicking on configuration setting the config(s) in the assembly which use the config of the subassy. When I select all or choose config, SW does not seem to want to actually apply the config in the subassy to all the configs in the assy.

Anybody else run into this?

TOP

Reply to
TOP

"TOP" wrote in news:1173205934.178843.246040 @t69g2000cwt.googlegroups.com:

Yes. A few times over various releases. I've seen it enough times that I usually check another config to see if it took.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

This tripped me up several times today till I finally went through every config and set things up. PITA

Reply to
TOP

It is very hard for me to believe that SW cannot automate a test for such basic functionality. With recent claims that SW does so much automated testing every day and this being such a systematic and fundamental error in the user interface how could they not miss it? Probably because the human element has been taken out of the test cycle till beta.

TOP

Reply to
TOP

I agree. I see the same problem here. On a similar topic, is it possible to have a new part added to an configuration be suppressed in all other configurations by default? It is rare for me to want a new part added to a configuration to be in all the configurations.

Thanks, Bill

Reply to
Bill

Yes. When you create a new configuration there are some checkboxes under 'Advanced Options' that allow you to select how you want to handle new parts added to the assembly. You can suppress, or hide. You can also change these settings on existing configs by right clicking them from the Configuration Manager and going to the configurations Properties.

Reply to
yawdro

"TOP" a écrit dans le message de news:

The whole thing does not work as expected in '06 either, any SP I tried (currently 5.1)

Reply to
Jean Marc